Leg bruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg bruise

Anyone get a bruise down the shin of your back leg while slalom skiing? I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if the boat is not pulling fast enough?
    Wilson

Is it from the water spray?
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

It's definately not the speed of the boat. If you ski hard you'll always have tenderness in that part of you leg,. They make slip on protectors for it.
      Last edited by tquinn; 05-06-2007, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
        Anyone get a bruise down the shin of your back leg while slalom skiing? I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if the boat is not pulling fast enough?
        Yeah perfectly normal, You will get spray on your offside turn, has nothing to do with speed or techinique. Its perfectly normal and just something you will have to get used to.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Ya it is very normal for that to happen. I haven't seen the slip on protectors that tquinn mentioned (have never looked) but that might be something you could look into if it doesn't go away. It used to just hurt a little bit at the beginning of the season but you kinda get used to it.
          If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Just have to toughin up that part of your leg, the more you ski the better it will be!!!

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of like how your rear end hurts after riding a bike. It hurts in the beginning, but those muscles toughen up after awhile. I don't ski enough for that to happen, so I use a leg spray guard.

Try your dealer, local ski shop or overtons catalog.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...w&i=15781&aID=
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

You can try an old Chinese way of toughing up the tender area by slapping it repeatly with a ruler until it is good and red and you cant feel the ruler anymore.
                Wax on .......Wax off!!!

Comment

I used to ride with a leg spray protector back in the day. It was this bitchin' day-glo yellow. Haven't even seen one in years though. Just toughen that bad boy up.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Sounds like I need to toughen up - and will. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I don't think I'll sink down to the leg spray protector, I would never here the end of it from my brother-in-law. Thanks.
                    Wilson

Comment

How fast are you do you ski at???? I had a problem with spray hitting my front leg speed up to from 29 to 31/32 and no more problems...
                      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I normally ski at 30 to 32. It's been a year since I last skied, I must just be getting old.

What do you set the taps at? We havn't played around with that and have left it at 1. I was reading in the owners manual and it suggested adusting to 2 or 3. Does this clean up the wake a bit?
                        Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
                          I normally ski at 30 to 32. It's been a year since I last skied, I must just be getting old.

What do you set the taps at? We havn't played around with that and have left it at 1. I was reading in the owners manual and it suggested adusting to 2 or 3. Does this clean up the wake a bit?
                          Well on our 21i, 1, is the best setting we have found so far. Anything above gives us a big roostertail in the middle.
                          Common Sense is not so Common
                          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I've only skied on 1 never really thought about changing the taps to 2 or 3 for sking... I behind a 24v not like it's the best ski wake anyway....but way better then our old SeaRay...
                            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I hear ya. We skied behind a 1989 Thundercraft with a 150 Blackmax outboard.
                              Wilson

Comment

Working...
                              X