R21 Slalom wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R21 Slalom wake

Anyone have any suggested taps settings for creating a great slalom wake for a 2016 R21 at 30mph?

On my 22i, I have found that at 30mph Taps at 2 works best. Taps at 2 at least for me makes the wake slightly softer for easier crossing while Taps at 1 is a slightly smaller wake, it is firmer and wants to launch me out of the water.

Comment

There was a thread on a Z3, so maybe similar? http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Z3-slalom-wake

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
        On my 22i, I have found that at 30mph Taps at 2 works best. Taps at 2 at least for me makes the wake slightly softer for easier crossing while Taps at 1 is a slightly smaller wake, it is firmer and wants to launch me out of the water.
        What line length are you skiing at?

Sorry SilverSurfer16. I don't know about the R21, but I'm glad to see some more skiers posting. What ski are you riding?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

On my Z3, I actually use taps at 3. 1 creates a weird trough.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
            What line length are you skiing at?
            I am skiing at full line length. Though moving my bindings up half an inch completely woke up my ski and I found wake crossing are much easier. Go figure that little change after riding it for 12 years makes it feel like a new ski.

I know of the trough that Bakes5 is talking about. It is more noticeable on my boat at 28-30, but the added weight of the Z3 makes it more noticeable.

Comment

Just got the boat and have not skied yet, but when I do it will be on a 2016 HO CX with double xmax boots. Hopw its ot too much ski for em, as I have been out of the game for a bit!

Comment

That should be a great ski and binding setup. How long is the ski?
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

69" i am a little over 5'10" and about 210lbs so I opted for the bigger size.

Comment

Working...
                  X