Hinge Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinge Bindings

Is anyone using the bindings with hinges in them. I was thinking of replacing my Connelly Stoker plates with the Connelly Sidewinder Hinge Plates?

Let me know what you think and what your experience has been?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

They much easier to get in and out of. They still can be cinched down and give me the support I like. I do not have anything negative to say about them

Comment

The hinged bindings are very nice, no need for lube to get your feet in. And you can really lock your feet in.

Mine are several years old and I've noticed the cable on the rear hinge to have stretched a little. But it was an easy fix. They are a bit heavier than some other bindings, but I can't tell the difference.

I'd recommend them if you are putting them back on a Connelly ski. I've been looking at new skis and I know a lot of the companies have different bolting patterns.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on putting them on my Connelly ski. I really like the idea of easy entry and exit. I can save some of that energy for skiing rather than wrestling my feet in the bindings. So far no negative experiences. Looking at them I don't really like the lace up front. They are like wakeboard bindings. Even though I cinch up the laces and attach the upper laces in that little plastic hook, it still seems to flop around and bug me. I can't imagine that at skiing speed. Maybe they aren't as long and aren't a problem.

Comment

I had a hinge on my last ski. Couldn't find a rear one my size so I went with a front hinge only. Anyways. Long story short I broke my ankle on an out the front fall where I skipped/rolled across the water and the front binding never came off. Actualy it was my second turn on day one at lake powell Now I ride with fluid motion hard shells and would never go back. Booties to keep my feet warm, easy buckles, responsive, and a binding plate will detach from the ski on an out the front fall.

They are a bit pricey for sure but totally worth it. I loved my hinge until it broke my ankle....you will not come out during a fall. Make sure you have a front and back one

Later

Bakes

Comment

Thanks for the input. I see what you mean. Kind of like snow ski bindings.
            http://www.connellyskis.com/connelly...em_binding.php

I come out of my boots occasionally on a fall, so that could be a problem. Especially like in your situation. First couple of runs at Lake Powell. The week and the season toasted.

It looks like the hard boots would have to be professionally mounted? You also have to choose which foot forward binding to purchase. I can switch foot. I generally ski right foot forward, but occasionally alternate for a little variety.

Comment

Working...
            X