Finally Took the Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Took the Camera

Trying to bring back some activity in the Slalom section.....

We finally had a camera on our boat this past weekend. We found a nice calm slough. The girl friend is doing surprisingly well this year, she needs to relax a little more and straighten her back. I need to work on my exit, I feel like I'm to hunched and standing to hard on the tail. Practice makes better, and pictures don't lie.

Here's Val at 29 mph.

And me at 32 mph

Any helpful advise is always welcome.

Nice pics and water. I would love to see some water like that.

Comment

You forgot your wake.LOL..... Man that is the best slalom wake or lack there of I have ever seen. Godd stuff! Enjoy!

Comment

Yeah she really cleans up nice at speed. The water usually stays pretty calm all day here in the fall. My favorite time to ski, plus on Sunday's everyone is watching football.

Comment

Do you have any pics while you cross the wake?

Comment

Not this year, but I might from a year or two ago before I started skiing only. I'm sure I need to hold the cut through the wake better, but I weenie out.

Comment

Found a few from a few years ago, that was near the end of my first year skiing. If I remember I was just starting to ski at 28 mph.

Comment

Nice pics Joe. The wake looks good. What speed are you skiing at and rope length ? I hear good things about that year Tige. I was out on my neighbors 1999 Ski Nautique 196 the other day and was so impressed with slalom or lack there of I have decided that will be my next boat. Nothing but bubbles. Anyways keep skiing.

Comment

The top few pictures with Val are at 29 mph & 15' off. The next few pictures of me are at 32 mph & 15' off. The bottom cluster I'm not sure, but you can tell the wake is bigger, so I would guess around 27 or so.

Comment

Hey Joe (love saying that.. Im a Hendrix fan),
                    Remember, the hardest pull in your turn occurs at the first wake crossing. It looks like youre standing up in the wake. Stay in the lean and make your edge change about 4-8' past the second wake. Shoulders quiet, and swing the ski like a pendelum under your calm body.
                    I do so love the old SLM wake. I had a 95 Tige for 13 years when I was into slalom. Now it just hurts....
                    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                      Hey Joe (love saying that.. Im a Hendrix fan),
                      Remember, the hardest pull in your turn occurs at the first wake crossing. It looks like youre standing up in the wake. Stay in the lean and make your edge change about 4-8' past the second wake. Shoulders quiet, and swing the ski like a pendelum under your calm body.
                      I do so love the old SLM wake. I had a 95 Tige for 13 years when I was into slalom. Now it just hurts....
                      Thank you Big I always love advice...I guess better enjoy skiing while I can still take the falls. I would love to have someone aboard that knew more about skiing. The last group of pictures was from two years ago, I would cut hard until the wake back then, I feel like I've improved quite a bit since. But will have to get some video next time and see where I let up pulling. I know I don't pull the hardest at the first wake, but I will try to practice that this weekend. I think that day I was trying to accentuate opening my shoulders as I drop the handle the turn and having my upper body face the shoreline. It was a bit awkward at first but helped to make the turn a bit more fluid. And brought the position of the handle down to my hips as I exited the turn.

Comment

Working...
                      X