Teach me about Slalom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teach me about Slalom?

Hey guys I currently wakeboard, but im not very good (I need to practice). Im going off to college and I found out that there is wakeboard team, and a ski club. I have a better chance of getting onto the ski club, and I want to focus on slalom skiing. Truth be told Ive never even skid before.

Can someone tell me anything and everything about slalom, so I can get an idea before I get to do some slalom this summer and get better?

Thanks

I could talk all day but it wont mean a thing. Skiing is all about technique. Body position, stack, edge control, carving your turn. the pull the release. old school new school. ski set up, binding and fin position.

If your thinking it will easier to learn how to ski than wakeboarding YOU ARE MISTAKING.

That being said there is wealth of information on other sites.
    ballofspray.com
    thewaterskiforum.com

and many others. GOOD LUCK and practice practice practice

Comment

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
      If your thinking it will easier to learn how to ski than wakeboarding YOU ARE MISTAKING.
      True story.

How 'bout the barefoot team?
      Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Where are you going?

Be more specific on what you are looking for.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

A college ski team seems to be a good place to learn slalom technique, depending on where you go I'm sure. I learned how to slalom ski in a college ski club having never skied before and have loved it ever since. That being said, I wouldn't let lack of slalom experience make you hesitate to join the team.

In your summer practices I'd work on getting up on the ski and quickly crossing the wake. That way when you get to school it will be easier to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by txmxer View Post
            Hey guys I currently wakeboard, but im not very good (I need to practice). Im going off to college and I found out that there is wakeboard team, and a ski club. I have a better chance of getting onto the ski club, and I want to focus on slalom skiing. Truth be told Ive never even skid before.

Can someone tell me anything and everything about slalom, so I can get an idea before I get to do some slalom this summer and get better?

Thanks
            Im still laffin about "tell me everything about slalom". We'd have an easier time explaing a shuttle landing.
            So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Its Baylor University, and bigdaddy I didnt mean to tell me every single detail about slalom but mostly the important things to know and the basics, thought that was obvious. Im all ears if you want to tell me but if not then your post is just taking up space.

Comment

Working...
              X