2008 Tige RZ4 - Good Slalom Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tige RZ4 - Good Slalom Boat?

I have a friend looking to purchase this boat for combo Wake/ski. Can you tell me if it is good for moderate/advanced slalom?

Thanks!

Moderate maybe advanced no way. Then again its all what you are used to.

Comment

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
      Moderate maybe advanced no way. Then again its all what you are used to.
      Agreed! More of a wakeboard boat.

Comment

Depends on what you consider advanced. Now, there ain't no way in hell you are going to stuff an RZ4 down a slalom course. It's just too big. Now, I have another definition of advanced. It's called Big Water. Somebody who can ski hard through big, choppy, open water and keep after it is considered advanced in my book. This person might actually like the RZ4 for Big Water. It would be something that could mash through the chop and leave a somewhat consistent wake, albeit a somewhat large wake. However, all that surface area might actually be beneficial to the slalom wake, just as is the lack of surface area on the RZ2 makes it easier to weight down for a bigger wake.

Does anyone have any RZ4 wake pics at slalom speed?
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

All the RZ and V series Tige's have a skiable slalom wake and I will say you can get advanced recreactional skiing with taps set low but they still have a hump and lips at 15 to 25 off not making them a great tow thru a course. The hull design has just enough V at the transom to give it a wake. Just my .02. IMO the I series has a little bit better slalom wake.
          For my type of slalom aggresive weekend skiing and runs my 20V was a good trade off to say a Prostar190 wake. It allows you to actually use the boat in rough water verses getting slammed to death in a flatbottom slalom boat.

Comment

Working...
          X