Old School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old School

I love this old stuff. I Wonder how speed regulation was back then ?

That's pretty cool!

Comment

Very cool. What's going to happen with that rope and the engine as she cuts out to the right?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
        Very cool. What's going to happen with that rope and the engine as she cuts out to the right?
        Thats what I was thinking. There must be something there to keep it from hanging up.

Comment

I learned to ski behind a 14' boat with 35hp Evinrude. (anyone remember push button shift controls?)

Comment

thats nuts...

Comment

Ilearned behind a 14 foot Texas Maid aluminum boat (no open bow, floor, etc) with a 55 evinrude. We thought we were fancy, just because we had a boat, a pair of home made skis, and a home made sled! Things were a little different in the mid 60's. We were really fancy when we got our first fiberglass boat, a 67 Glastron with a beast of a 100 hp motor. We could pull up 3 skiiers at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by lightning59 View Post
                I learned to ski behind a 14' boat with 35hp Evinrude. (anyone remember push button shift controls?)
                My first boat was a 17 foot dixie with a 100 Evinrude. It had the selectric (push button) shift controls.

Comment

Nice find Kona. Dig that fancy shape on the back of that ski! There has to be something there for the rope to go over the motor. Can't seem to tell what it would be though.

Well before my time but, I know my mother's father had a 14' something or other with a 35 hp Evinrude named "The Ark" that everyone learned to ski behind. Then it was the 18' Cobalt tri-hull named "Beach Party". That thing was uptown baby. Ashtrays and cigarette lighters for every seat in the boat.

Thanks for posting that up. Where did you find it?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Comment

Nicky I spend a lot time on ballofspray.com That is where the photos are from.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow, double handles. Great to learn with, impossible once you got agressive at all. Learned on the old D. Pope Jr. model. Flat bottom and we didn't know any better. Thought we were hot stuff. Then we were really hot when we bought our Nash concave bottom from the Army/Navy store for 30.00. We could really tear it up then. Memories, memories.

Comment

I learned behind my dad's bass boat. When he "hit it", it would nearly pull your arms out of your sockets.

With that boat, you had to take off fast to keep the bow.down.
                              The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Working...
                              X