Z1 for Slalom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 for Slalom

Looking at purchasing a 2008 Z1. We are more skiers than wakeboarders but like the layout and versatility of the Z1. Can anyone comment on the Z1 wake versus the 20i? We ski at around 28' off / 36mph. Thanks!

I cannot compare the Z1 wake to the 20i, but I do slalom ski behind my Z1 frequently. The wake starts to flatten out above 32mph or so. I am just a recreational skier and free ski at 34mph. BEWARE: the Z1 will make you want to ski less and surf more!

Is winter over yet?????

Comment

Like Flyguy, we have a recreational slalom skier also. Ride an 09 22Ve; it really does flatten out above 30mph and you can play with the TAPS to get it to help a little, but if you want a TRUE competition level slalom wake then the direct drive boats will be the best. I have seen a slalom wake behind a 2005 Malibu 23XTI which is direct drive and it has a pretty good wake, but I have seen a better slalom wake behind a 22i Tige.

So I guess my rambling point was that if its for a competition level skier, then the Direct Drive is the best choice. Good Luck!

Comment

My understanding is the Z1 is a serrious wakeboard boat. My suggestion would to ski before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by optisoft View Post
          Looking at purchasing a 2008 Z1. We are more skiers than wakeboarders but like the layout and versatility of the Z1. Can anyone comment on the Z1 wake versus the 20i? We ski at around 28' off / 36mph. Thanks!
          I can say for sure that at that speed, you will find that the Z1 might like some weight in the bow to calm the porpoising. This V-Drive has a lot of rocker for wake-boarding, and this is a compromise. I cant say what this added bow weight will do to the ski wake, sorry, but did want to share this FYI.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Like everyone posted before...if you are a rec skier the Z1 will do just fine. If you run the course go with a DD, the 22i has a pretty nice setup too if you are looking for a few more seats.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              BEWARE: the Z1 will make you want to ski less and surf more!
              x
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
              X