Finally Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Learned

My mother-in-law, an old school skiier from back in the made out of wood days liked to bust my chops, saying that wakeboarding and wakesurfing were invented by those who could not ski (especially big guys like me). Then, my father-in-law bought the Connely Big Daddy. After about 10-15 pulls, I finally was up and quickly moving everywhere behind the boat like I'd been doing it for years. I have always been able to ski on two, but I got bored with it and it made my back sore. I didn't want to drop a ski, because that is a pain. This was a case where equipment was the answer and provided the means for hoisting my fat 250 lbs. out of the water. Has anyone else used this ski? Are there other skis for luscious dudes that perform better? Can a big guy run through a course on a fat ski like this?

Calling out to the big fellas out there....

I'm 260 lbs and I use a HO Sports Triumph 69".
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I always have that ski on my boat. It has never failed me yet. I get never evers up on it every time. Great learning ski. Keep on skiing. I like your mother in laws thought train.

Comment

Skiing Rules

I used to use a HO 3s wide ski and at first is was fun, it makes great sprays, but it won't hold when you start cutting hard. I have switched to a HO Triumph 70" and I actually think it is easier to get out of the water and way more fun. I am 6'-3" 250 lbs and our 21i pops me right out. We used to have a 19.5' sterndrive with a 250 hp engine and I used to dread getting out of the water. That is why I bought the fat ski in the first place. The Tige pull is so good I am considering getting a smaller higher performance ski. As for skiing, wakeboarding and surfing. We do them all and they are fun, but nothing is as exhilarating as a nice one-handed cut, spray and rocketing across the wake. Go skiing!

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
          I'm 260 lbs and I use a HO Sports Triumph 69".
          x2

I have also used the Connelly ski and it worked well for "recreational" skiing, but the HO performs better for the more aggressive skier.

Comment

I love it
            GO SKIING

Comment

Long live slalom!
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

The wider skis are great to get people up on. I've got a wide bodied Connelly and it gets everyone out of the water. Its great to get people hooked on skiing!

Comment

Working...
                X