Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve or Z1 for slalom

Hi folks,
    Long time lurker here about to pull the trigger on one of these boats. My watersport activities will be 40%slalom, 40%surfering and 20% wakeboarding. I need a v-drive comfiguration. My question is this...which boat has the better slalom wake?? I am aware of the the 20V SV211 etc, but hese are my 2 choices. Please hepl as I can't seem to find the answer on this very informative site.

Thanks a bunch.

Probably any Tige line would work. But from experience, the Z1 does a great job in all 3 areas. I have used my boat for slalom, surfing and wake boarding with no complaints. It probably comes down to how big of a boat do you need and what features are you looking for? Good luck.
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I have a 22v and the slalom wake is good but not great. The surf and wakeboard wakes are awesome. I ski more than anything now so I would go love to try the z1. For all around size and a good family boat go for the 22ve

Comment

Thanks for the responses. For further clarity for those that might have some experience, I have slalomed behind a 2000 21v riders edition and it is not good...this is what I am trying to avoid. I am an aggressive recreational skier and that wake (even when dialed in for skiing) would launch me twice per pass.

I am leaning toward the 22ve becuase of what I have read. That being said, there is not much on the slalom wake of the Z1 (Aside from the first reponse).

Comment

Originally posted by carter View Post
          Thanks for the responses. For further clarity for those that might have some experience, I have slalomed behind a 2000 21v riders edition and it is not good...this is what I am trying to avoid. I am an aggressive recreational skier and that wake (even when dialed in for skiing) would launch me twice per pass.

I am leaning toward the 22ve becuase of what I have read. That being said, there is not much on the slalom wake of the Z1 (Aside from the first reponse).
          What length do usually run and what speed? I would think that wake wouldn't be much different from mine. Obviously its not DD but it shouldn't be bad to launch you.

Comment

15 off and 32 mph

Comment

Go test drive them both and ski behind them and see which one you like better! No point in going off of internet opinions if you can experience it first hand.

Comment

I would love that option but not possible. I am buying used from a distance as there are none in my vicinity.

I am relying on you guys!!

Comment

15 off and 32 mph
                  Try 34 mph much smaller wakes.

Comment

I would love that option but not possible. I am buying used from a distance as there are none in my vicinity.

Where do live I bet there is some boat owners in you area.

Comment

Where are you located? Maybe there are some owners on here that would pull you behind theirs so you can get a feel.

Comment

Thanks all. I am taking the plunge with the 22ve.

Comment

Post up some pics when you get it

Comment

Working...
                          X