which ski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which ski?

So I got to ski behind my boat for the first time last Friday.
    Got my oldest son to get behind the wheel and pull. I have not skied in a long long time. HADABLAST! Now I want a ski.
    I'm 6' about 175-180lbs. Looking for a ski that will be easy to get up on but turn fast. The one I road seemed to want to track straight when i wanted to turn?

I had an HO burner and loved it....
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

what do you ride now?

Comment

HO Triumph is a good recreational ski.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

How hard core of a skier are you going to be? and how many years do you think you can ski hard for? I got a Connelly F1x Really fun ski. also skied a CDX and liked it a lot too. Demo a few before you buy it will help you to understand how the skis differ in the slightest was.
          I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
            what do you ride now?
            I can't ride anymore do to an accident

Originally posted by CrazyJ83 View Post
            How hard core of a skier are you going to be? and how many years do you think you can ski hard for? I got a Connelly F1x Really fun ski. also skied a CDX and liked it a lot too. Demo a few before you buy it will help you to understand how the skis differ in the slightest was.
            I agree, demo them as most will let you use your demo money towards purchase of the ski.

I used an f1x as well, just too aggresvie for my skill set.

I liked the burner as it was a bit wider, and worked better in non glass conditions since Oklahoma isn't known for it's glass lol
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I'm fairly aggressive. Hope to ski till I die...or sell the boat, whichever comes first.

Comment

Look at the Radar Senate and the senate carbon. Demo a bunch but I think the Senate C is a great ski. The carbon is lighter and faster, more reactive to your input. The non carbon will be better for not always perfect water. More damping. Both are a little wider for a bit more sweet spot and much more forgiving then say the Strada. I guarantee you will love it. And It will not break the bank. Personally I am on the Radar Strada right now.

And demoing the HO A-1. You can never have to many skis water or snow.

Comment

cool, I'll check them out.

Comment

I also have heard good things about the HO Triumph like Zad mentioned earlier. The nose is quite a bit wider to allow for easier starts, and being less fatiguing that other high performance skis. But the rest of the ski still allows it to ski the course just fine (well up to 34 mph). Again this is just what I was told by our local ski shop owner.

I was between the F1X and Triumph when looking for a ski...I got the F1X, but wish I got both. The F1X is great for skiing nice water, but blows when its not relatively smooth.

Like mentioned above I'd demo them, and support your local shop, you may pay a little more, but they will be the first to back their product if something goes wrong.

Comment

Ok got the new HO A-1 tonight going to take it to lake tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. It will be hard to beat the Radar Strada

Comment

Before I blew out knee I rode a Connely F1 which with limited skiing except vacations and periodic weekends was agressive enough for me and worked well until knee. After knee replacement too much stress to get up so now I am back to recreational skiing on a Virage or a Connelly FX. Neither will run a course but they still are enjoyable.

Comment

I would say look at the triumph or the f1x. They are both aggressive, wide skis.

Comment

Working...
                          X