Advice for Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for Beginner

I bought my wife some waterskis for christmas and she is pretty stoked about getting on them this summer. Its been a few years since she has skied and can't remember rope length etc.

How long a rope to start, any other suggestions? We have a 21i, I have quite a bit of experience wakeboarding and pulling wakeboarders but I have never pulled a skiier.

with the handle 75 feet is norm

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
      I bought my wife some waterskis for christmas and she is pretty stoked about getting on them this summer. Its been a few years since she has skied and can't remember rope length etc.

How long a rope to start, any other suggestions? We have a 21i, I have quite a bit of experience wakeboarding and pulling wakeboarders but I have never pulled a skiier.
      On 2 skis there is really no difference from pulling up a wakeboarder. When she gets to 1 ski is a little more difficult especially since you will both be learning. The best thing is communication between the 2 of you.
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        On 2 skis there is really no difference from pulling up a wakeboarder. When she gets to 1 ski is a little more difficult especially since you will both be learning. The best thing is communication between the 2 of you.
        Thanks G...I think I will stick to the board. I have had enough wipe outs and injuries getting decent at that...don't need to start that all over again...then again...what the hell my as well giver a shot. When I bought the boat it came with a barefoot bar too. That should be pretty comical this summer. When your pulling a skier you pull them off the pylon not the tower right? Or does it matter?

Comment

I pull beginners off the tower. IMO it pulls them out of the water faster. When experienced skiers deep water start with both feet in the slalom ski binding then we put the rope on the pylon. It pulls better and you do not get boat sway when they carve.
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Booms View Post
            I pull beginners off the tower. IMO it pulls them out of the water faster. When experienced skiers deep water start with both feet in the slalom ski binding then we put the rope on the pylon. It pulls better and you do not get boat sway when they carve.
            I see...thanks booms.

Comment

My It is almost easier to start on one ski then to learn on two and have to switch later. Go for the slalom ski now. Get the biggest ski you can find like the Connelly Big Daddy. I have one for teaching beginners and have not failed to get one out of the water yet. Once they are comfy on that ski they can move. The bigger the the slower the speeds. You can actually pull in the low 20's with a ski like this. Give a shoot you won't be disappointed.
              Also go with the deepVee / easy up handle

http://www.connellyskis.com/connelly...-big-daddy.php

Comment

X2 on a big ski, I got one off Ebay for $35. With beginners there's a fine line in pulling them too fast vs too slow. The best bet is to get the V-handle, drag the skier, then go for the same pull you would a wakeboarder.

Comment

Working...
                X