Made it out in November...picture heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it out in November...picture heavy

We made it out yesterday and had one hell of a day. It was a bit windy as you can tell, but it glassed off nicely. Still trying to put off a wetsuit, with water that cold your body sure doesn't react quite as well.

Here's a few shots or you can see them all here
    http://picasaweb.google.com/prunckle...rBoatingDelta#

Val even braved the cold water with just a vest.

Now I just need to photoshop a taught line...holy crap that's a lot of slack.

We took a break before I decided to freeze my butt off one last time.

Great pics...gotta love Indian Summer in California.....where in the Delta?
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Very nice, weather had been nice this last week. Its cold in the water though. Just got our O'Neill dry suit for the kids.
      http://wake9.com/

Comment

Great pictures. I was on the Sacramento River last Saturday. Air temp was 80 degrees and water was 54 degrees.... Um, I only had a spring suit on Still loved getting out there.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopykat View Post
          Great pics...gotta love Indian Summer in California.....where in the Delta?
          I was putting in a Walnut Grove Marina, but just started dropping her in at New Hope Landing, and heading south. As you can see there is a bit of debris floating around (especially when the tide comes up), but usually we drive down a bit where it widens up, and the debris are off in the tules, before putting a skier in the water.

Hope to make it out a few more times before snow skiing starts.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            Great pictures. I was on the Sacramento River last Saturday. Air temp was 80 degrees and water was 54 degrees.... Um, I only had a spring suit on Still loved getting out there.
            Yea the river is way colder (I don't have a temp gauge but I'm sure the Delta was warmer than 54), but 80F air helps a ton!

Comment

The last run of the year...I had to get wet on my Birthday!

...yes it was that cold!

We even saw a Pirate Ship on the Sac River!

Early Diner at the Virgin Sturgeon (great food by the way!)

A dark cold ride back to the boat ramp.

Comment

Working...
              X