Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my 67" HO Triumph on the river - UGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my 67" HO Triumph on the river - UGH!

So we left the ski on the swim platform and drove off for about 15 minutes before we realized it. I had really grown to like the ski (my one and only "serious" slalom ski), so I guess I will try and replace it. I found a 2009 on sale for $275 plus shipping. Does that seem reasonable? I seem to recall it was $350 or so when I bought mine last year.

Also, does anyone think I should be moving to a different ski? I am purely a intermediate recreational skier, 50 years old, and not looking to do anything other than have fun out on the water. I think i originally bought the ski because it was highly recommended here. Just figured I check it out before I spend $300 to replace it.

Thanks!

sorry to hear about that, I too have left a ski on the platform in the past, don't have any advice on your new ski though, good luck
    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

well, i went ahead and sucked it up & bought a 2009 replacement HO Triumph. $275 did not seem too bad. I really wanted to get it in time for the last few outings of the season.

Man, learned that lesson the hard way. I guess I won't leave any more skis on the swim platform!

Comment

That seems to be a great price, what bindings did you get with that ski?

Comment

boot in front, toe plate in back which is what I had before. Guess one of these days I should try a boot in back as well... Is that an easy retrofit?

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
          That seems to be a great price, what bindings did you get with that ski?

Comment

Originally posted by billys View Post
            boot in front, toe plate in back which is what I had before. Guess one of these days I should try a boot in back as well... Is that an easy retrofit?
            If it has predrilled inserts on the ski then all you need is a screwdriver... Not hard at all.
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

cool. Thanks!

b

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
              If it has predrilled inserts on the ski then all you need is a screwdriver... Not hard at all.

Comment

Working...
              X