Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I skied in the course for the first time yesterday -boating season ended little early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I skied in the course for the first time yesterday -boating season ended little early

Had a good day at the lake yesterday. At times we were the only boat on the lake, and at it's peak we shared the lake with 3 other boats.

My 7 year old son skied for his 4th time and was flying across the wake (I was very impressed!!)

When we were getting ready to leave, I asked my wife to pull me through the course. I have never skied in a course, and thought it might be fun, being that the water was so smooth. Well, she headed toward the course, and didn't drive through the gates (she was to the right of them). I couldn't figure out what she was doing. She then started to weave around the buoys. During my hysterical laughter, I realized she didn't know what she was supposed to do, so I just held on laughing.

When I was done skiing I explained what she was supposed to do (between laughter), I let my son ski again, then I tried the course again. I sucked big time, but it was still fun.

After she dropped me off at the dock to get the car/trailer she then hit a rock or something in the water and damaged the prop. Due to schedules, next Saturday was going to be our last outing for the year. With the holiday, I don't think we'll have our prop back by then, so I believe we're done boating for the year. I do have a spare, but it's for lower altitudes, and I don't think it would have enough torque to pull a slalom skier.

That sucks that you damaged the prop. But, you probably can get a prop locally if you can find it or you can contact ChpThril or SPBFan and they can order you one and have it shipped. You are totally not out of one more day of boating

Comment

I think I should be able to get the prop fixed locally. If I can't, I'll check with the chpthril/spbf and see what they have to say. I have to use a Acme 911 with extra cupping due to my transmission and high altitude. The boat came from NV.

I just don't know how fast I can get it turned around. Due to some scheduling conflicts, the last day we have that I can take the boat out for the year is next Saturday. After that we are looking at October, and it will be too cold for my family in Denver in October.

Comment

I had a prop fixed at my local prop repair person and it took 3 days. He quoted me 5 days but I guess business was slow

Comment

great story that will be repeated in your family for a long time im sure. I can picture it in my mind. LOL

Comment

that's hilarious, I can just see her now! ..sorry about the prop.

Comment

I've reminded her of it several times since then.

The prop has been fixed and put back on the boat. Unfortunately it was our last trip for the year, and the boat has also been winterized.

Comment

Bringing Back an Old Thread

This weekend I skied a course for the first time ever! Holy crap do I SUCK! I was trying to ski it at 30 mph with 15 off, and having a hell of a time. (I usually ski on the open water at 32 mph with 25 off) The last two passes I skied at 28 mph with 15 off and did a lot better. Non the less I'm quite happy with my progression of only starting to ski last year.

As I was changing out of my wetsuit on the dock, some of the guys from the ski club came out for a quick ski. They were very nice and gave me a few tips for skiing a course...(ski 4-5 mph slower than you normally ski, and for buoy 1 stay wide and start your turns from there.) We watched him ski I think he was doing 36 mph with 20' or 25' off???, and absolutely killed it. I've never seen someone on a course first hand, but that was amazing! I can't wait to try it again.

I'll try to get some pictures up, someone else on our boat took the pictures.

Comment

They haven't set the course out this year yet, but I am so excited for it, its crazy!!

Comment

You gotta love that. I am going out in just a few minutes for my early morning sets.

Comment

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
                      You gotta love that. I am going out in just a few minutes for my early morning sets.
                      I'm quite jealous. The guy we met from the ski club said he and is wife ski at least 4 days a week...now that would be fun!

Comment

Just got back from morning trip it was awesome water. A little cold but not to bad. This is my second time this week. I am trying to get in 3 to 4 times a week this year.

Still haven't picked up a new ski this year yet but I am looking. Time to start taking out the demos

Comment

3rd time this week and I am going friday morning also. Got to feed the addiction

Comment

I was out 4 times this week but cant go this morning, bummer

It was a great week and the weather is finally here.

Comment

Kona,
                              That is how you are supposed use your boat - almost daily! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X