Flatter Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatter Wake

Ok this is a complete departure from most post but here goes. I have a 04 22v that I am looking to get a better ski wake behind. After a few years off of my ski I am focusing on skiing again. Most of my ski time is behind my inlaws 196 naughty, perfect wake. I want some ideas on how others have cleaned up the wakes behind a v drive. Besides buying a new boat.

Add more weight to the bow

Remove excess weight from the boat by taking it out of the boat if you can.

The issue is that you have a V-drive and the majority of the weight is in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
      Add more weight to the bow

Remove excess weight from the boat by taking it out of the boat if you can.

The issue is that you have a V-drive and the majority of the weight is in the back.
      yeah, but you don't want to make the Convex V-hull plow too much.

I found that at 32-34 Mph on my boat, the wake is better if I set the TAPS between 3-4 and not all the way at 1 because if you push the bow down too much, the rocker is too far in the water.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

^^^ True, but Kona is asking alot of a boat that specifically designed for boarding not skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          ^^^ True, but Kona is asking alot of a boat that specifically designed for boarding not skiing.
          I am not asking for a competition wake just some ideas on getting flatter. I do use less peeps when I am skiing and all the weight is forward. I will play with the taps next time out.

Comment

Working...
          X