Lake Okeechobee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Okeechobee

We're new to the south Florida area and have decided to take the boat to Lake Okeechobee for the upcoming holiday. My question is, has anyone spent any time on this lake? Where should we go and what should we look out for?

We're staying at a Holiday Inn on the southern side of the lake in Clewiston.

Any info would be appreciated.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    2000 Tige 2100V Sold

What's up KT? I've never taken my ski boat to Lake O mainly because we have a much better ski lake in west palm. However, I've fished there a lot. Mainly in the rim canal by Port Mayaca and Pahokee. Check this site out for info on boat ramps. Stay clear of the floating logs (gators)

Hope you have a blast. 40 miles across you won't run out of room to ski. A depth gauge would be a good thing to have. If you don't have one I would stay in the marked channels. Overall it is a shallow lake. I think the average is 14 feet right now and that is below normal. We have had a couple years of low rainfall. That and the SFWMD is always dropping the level during summer because of hurricane threats. Hope this helps ya out a little.

http://www.clewiston.govoffice2.com/...-0FF7B12A41F1}
    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Working...
    X