ghetto wakeskating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghetto wakeskating

I never wakeskated before but thought it looked fun. I bought a wakeskate on ebay that's not here yet and I couldn't wait anymore. I took an old LF 143 wakeboard and covered the top with some leftover gatorgrip and hit the lake on Saturday. That board is huge and difficult to keep submerged on a deepwater start but I got up the first try AND HAD A BLAST!!! It was awesome...wakeskating's been getting some play for a couple of years, but IMO it is hugely underrated. If anyone's considering it, I highly recommend it. I can't wait to head out again even on my ghetto skate rig. I can't wait for the real thing to show up.

Anybody else here support a Wakeskating discussion area on the website?

BTW, gatorgrip rocks.
    Yes!
    61.54%
    No. We're covered with the Wakeboarding discussion.
    38.46%
    No! I'm angry and don't like anything.
    0.00%
    We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

I just also got into wakeskating and I love it. I do it all the time and just mess around...I love the "ghetto wakeskate" idea that must have been alot of fun. Ive tried on a bindingless board w/ out griptape and had no success as you can imagine...I agree that wakeskate is underrated and I recommend it to everyone...!
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

By the way, I have a LQF (WUD model) 141 and they are great...Hoots, you will love yours!

Comment

david
        Are you in for this saturday. As long as it is nice we are going. Let me know. we will be both skating and boarding. .... my buddy has the new hyperlite gate ( one w/the big kicktail).

Comment

What lake are you going to? We just had out boat un-winterized and we might be going out this weekend if not the next. As the weekend comes I'll PM you about it...!

Comment

lewisville -- go into the members section on the lower part and shoot me an e-mail.......

Comment

Moderator!!!

well, six whole votes...that resulted in a tie no less. can you delete this thread and put it out of its misery? thanks.
              We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

Comment

Not just yet.......

I just picked up a Hyperlite Catalyst 116 and am having so much fun on it. So much in fact that I also got a Cassette concave so now I can decide if I like the foam top or grip tape. The cassette is shorter and wider as well. I am actually having more fun on the wakeskate since your not straped in and if you come from a skate background there is all these tricks you want to try... Of course when its time to get inverted you still need the wakeboard.

Comment

So what does everyone think, should we have Wakeskating Category?

Comment

I say make it its own. Snowboarding is no longer associated with Skiing.... I think many of us do both but I think wakeskating should be on its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X