Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Members willing to Test/Inspect Boat? (Norris Lake, TN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Members willing to Test/Inspect Boat? (Norris Lake, TN)

Hi All,

Long story short...I believe I have my wife talked into possibly allowing us to get a tow boat again this year. Originally we had agreed, after selling our G23 last year to wait another year and get settled in our new home and home payment before buying a boat. Well...I have been pressing a bit and we did agree that our next boat would be simpler (less tech) and be something we can pay for. So, the short version is that I have found a boat I am interested in and she stated "If you want a boat I won't stop you". Sure, that isn't "go ahead and get it"...but it's close.

One of the boats I have my eye on is in Norris Lake, TN. Link below
    http://www.onlyinboards.com/2007-Tig...see-51063.aspx

Are there any members that would be willing to take a test drive/surf on my behalf. I would gladly reimburse any expenses and compensate you for your time. If we were to move forward on this, it would be sight unseen by us as we would have it shipped up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know through this thread or via a PM.

Thanks
    -Dan
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Give Bryan a call at Aquaknox marine a call and see if he can do a once over on the boat for you.
    He is a super nice guy and he is/was the Tige dealer on that lake. - 423-566-9520
    He probably knows this boat first hand…

Comment

Thanks Bjax,
      I tried to call, but there was no answer so I went to their website and sent an email. I figured they may be quite busy being a Friday and all. Their site no longer shows them as a Tige dealer, but Tige's site does. Again, thanks for the lead and hopefully they will be able to assist me with this.

Comment

Bryan @ Aquaknox is great and so is his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AquaKnox replied to my email towards the end of their day. The intend to call me Monday to provide a quote for the inspection. The seller has had some service work performed by them and almost bought a Z3 from them. He welcomed the inspection which is a good sign. Hopefully we can get it booked in early in the week so we can decide. I will let you know how it works out.

Comment

correction, they are no longer a dealer. Just service center.
            Last edited by CarFanatic; 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies.

We had AquaKnox check out the boat for us. They were great to work with, but there were a few little things that up, that they didn't seem too familiar with. It seems they may have more experience with I/Os, pontoons and the like. They did the compression test and an overall evaluation of the boat with minimal feedback. I may have been better off requesting the servicing dealer (MC Dealer, I later found out) to check it out for us, but kept it in the Tige family. All in all, great people and I appreciate the referral.

On a side note, we were able to work out a deal on the boat, just need to transfer funds, sign off on paperwork and arrange for transportation. I am hoping to see the boat in 2 weeks. Any referrals on transportation? I may have a local guy that hauls RVs but if he doesn't get that way for a while it could be difficult. Shipping from TN to central MN.

I know you all love pics, here are a few from the ad
              2007 22Ve Port Side.jpeg
              2007 22Ve Interior.jpg
              2007 22Ve Tower & Bimini & Speakers.jpg
              2007 22Ve Wave.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X