Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubing Sucks...

and here's why

I don't tube much, but after taking my 2yr old son for a couple of trips around the cove, I decided to play "taunt the driver" on our tube.

My wife was the driver...read "my wife was the extremely passive agressive driver"

List of injuries

Scrape on upper lip
    Two "line" bruises on Right peck
    Headache
    Tweaked lower back
    Nasty bruise on left knee
    Tweaked neck
    Handle burns on hands
    Weird bruise on lower abdomen (accompanied getting the wind knocked out of me)
    Twisted ankle

And the worst:

Took a nasty nasal douche that led to a sinus infection that I am just now gettin over.

No more taunt the driver for me!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Don't blame the tube, that was all operator error!!!
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1
      Don't blame the tube, that was all operator error!!!
      Oh man, that is just about the most true statement you could make!

Screaming "you cannot sink this tube" at my wife....that was the true operator error

Comment

That's what you get for taunting your wife!

Comment

Were those injuries suffered while on the tube or inflicted by your wife after you got off the tube as retaliation for taunting?
          Ray Thompson
          2005 22V

Comment

Originally posted by bneub
            That's what you get for taunting your wife!
            Kinda like playing with dynamite!
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Flying Tube

Getting off topic....a little............has anyone been for a ride or seen anyone ride this crazy a$$ flying tube.
              http://www.soderbloom.com/WegoFlyingTube.html
              There are some videos on the net showing people FLYING on these towables and taking some nasty falls. I'm very tempted to drop the $400.00 just to see some of my buddies on this thing. Anybody seen it in action?

Comment

Re: Flying Tube

Originally posted by sparky216
                Getting off topic....a little............has anyone been for a ride or seen anyone ride this crazy a$$ flying tube.
                http://www.soderbloom.com/WegoFlyingTube.html
                There are some videos on the net showing people FLYING on these towables and taking some nasty falls. I'm very tempted to drop the $400.00 just to see some of my buddies on this thing. Anybody seen it in action?
                One of my neighbors has one and you really have to get it going pretty fast on calm days if you want any kind of altitude. I've seen the falls in person and they are not easy to watch...so far no one's been killed on our lake, but there's been a death not to far from here. If you lose control in the air and do a nosedive, it's over.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by raythompson
                  Were those injuries suffered while on the tube or inflicted by your wife after you got off the tube as retaliation for taunting?
                  I knew someone would catch that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun
                    I knew someone would catch that!

Apparently, you like conflict

Comment

Working...
                    X