Wakeskating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeskating

I just started wakeskating this year and I love it. Except for one thing...I need help with just about every aspect of it besides getting up and crossing the wake... ...If there are any other wakeskaters in the Texas area who would like to come ride and give tips or just have fun or whatever or also anyone on this site who can give me pointers on jumping and stuff it'd be cool...

-David
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

wakeskate jumping

yo dude dont worry, start of with just cutting into the wake a litlle harder and ride up the wake, even if u only get a couple of inches of air you're still getting air. This will help you get the feeling of landing on the skate. keepi trying this and as you get more confident edge in harder, just remember to try and ollie up the wake as your cuts get harder, clearing the second wake makes it a lot easier.

Comment

Thanks sammysauce...

Comment

david
        there is an instuctional video out called snap.
        I have a buddy here at the office who just bought the hyperlite gate board and has no boat. He is going to be out w/me this summer and I plan on trying to pick this up and your welcome to ride w/us.
        Should be back in the lake last weekend in march.

Comment

That would be awesome...!

What lake(s) do you ride at?

Comment

Mainly lewisville.
            Will take trips to texoma and travis on occasion.

Comment

Same with me...I will also be taking my boat out some time between the last week of march towards the first week of april out on lewisville.

Comment

david
                I borrowed the snap video and watched it...Thought it was good goes from starting all the way thru crazy tricks. Has multiangle shots and repetative tricks and then shows how to take basic tricks to the next level. It is definately worth watching.
                I'll shoot you a note the closer to the 27th and let you know if we will be out on the lake.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to go out and buy it. Hopefully it'll help me out alot. We are planning to be out around the 27th also on the lake...Sounds good to me...

-David

Comment

As far as learning to wakeskate goes. Just take it easy for a while until you are comfortable with not being attached to the board. Wake jumps on a skate are totally diff than wake jumps on a wakeboard. 1st thing you should learn is to ollie while you are out in the flats. Once you get that down, you are ready for one wake jumps. Keep a progressive cut (like a wakeboard), but when you get to the wake, you will need to kind of ollie off of it (you can still get air without doing that, but you will have a difficult time when you are ready to go W2W). As you are leaving the wake, you will need to pull your knees up towards your chest, but not so quickly that your feet actually lose complete contact with the board (this allows the board to come up off the wake). It takes some getting used to, but once you get it you will really get hooked. Be careful when you start trying to go W2W because if you land w/ 1 foot on the board and 1 foot off, you can really mess yourself up.
                    One last thing, when surfacing after a fall, you might want to use your arms to protect your head from being hit by a board that you are not connected to. It usually only happens once before you get the picture.

Have fun with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X