The White Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The White Bear

The White Bear was my grandfathers. I'm not sure where he picked it up but he got his hands on it in the 60's. My uncle has it now and she is in beautiful condition. I've never had the chance to ride it until our recent Shasta trip and body had ridden it for at least 15 years before that. It's just a piece of plywood with a logo and some varnish. I estimate it at 31"-32" in diameter. It's got maybe 1/2" of concave. Circular concave.

Sorry these pics suck. I've got a couple of better ones still awaiting download. These are just the ones on my phone. My wife took them while driving our boat.
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

You are the KING of finding and riding vintage apparatuses. Keep it and the pictures up.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

1st pic is my crazy uncle. Notice the stream coming from the shorts. Yes it is. Yes he is.

2nd pic is him riding

3rd is the last pic of the week, my first attempt on the White Bear. The last of the memory cards. No more space.
      Attached Files

Comment

pretty damn cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          pretty damn cool.
          ..Not the pissing on camera in front of the kid part ..but riding the disk is pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
            ..Not the pissing on camera in front of the kid part ..but riding the disk is pretty cool!
            Crazy uncle is clearly using The White Bear to block the kids view of the urine stream

Comment

That kid ain't exactly innocent either. Trust me.

Comment

Round 2!

This thing is tough to ride in rough water. It bounces all over the place and, with no traction, no fins and no shape, its all you can do to stay on it. Ye Ha!
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a handful. I like the sit down approach.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Sitting on the thing was actually harder. With all your weight on the "back", it just wants to porpoise violently. It beat the hell out of my ankles. That's why I included the pic of just my thumb in the "slow it the F down" position. Once down to 12mph or so, I was able to get it under control. Everyone in the boat was laughing their asses off watching me strugle to stay on. I was laughing too. I can't remember the last time I was that out of control on something behind the boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X