Manta Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manta Ray

Has anyone tried the Manta Ray yet. My dealer told me there was a guy so high on it he was almost directly above the boat. I dont know the complete details but thats got to be 40 feet in the air. If that is even possible.
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

My friend had a manta ray last summer ... it had mixed results. My guess is that it works pretty well driving into a head wind, but we had calm weather and it hovered about 3-4 feet high at it's highest.

We weren't driving too fast as we had kids on it, so maybe that was also a factor. I may be just getting old, but IMHO it's an awful lot of money, awful lot of weight, awful lot of storage for mediocre results.

Maybe someone else had better results. I'd be curious to hear how fast they were driving, weight of the rider, etc.

Comment

There was a previous thread that talked about tubes. I think it talked bout the Manta Ray in there. And there was alink to this video called, "extreme tubing", that gets incredible air.

Best tube thread

Extreme Tubing
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I saw the extreme tubing video and that made me think of that, and it was only briefly mention in that thread and I just wanted a little more info.
        Everything happens for a reason
        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
        X