Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions for kneeboard and steerable tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for kneeboard and steerable tube?

This season will see many more kids on the boat than prior seasons. So I need some new toys for easy fun, especially for kids who might only be on the boat once or twice a season.

First, I welcome suggestions for a kneeboard good for general use, especially for kids that have never ridden one before. Will a kneeboard that rides a child be big enough for an adult (assuming an adult crazy enough to torture their knees)?

(flame proof suit, ON) ...
    Second, has anyone had experience with steerable tubes. I know there are several brands out there.

Rip II
    Slalom Trolley
    Mixmaster
    Doables

Any of the entry level kneeboards are fine as long as they have a rope hook for ez starting. I think the ones I have cost about $79 or on a blowout sale. Young kids do great on them. Heavier, out of shape teens have a little trouble but eventually prevail. we always run 2 kneeboards. This gets more kids out on the water, lets the advanced ones coach the rookies and is overall more fun for them. They work fine for adults but you may need a strap extension when going from a 35 pound 3 year old to a 200 pounds adults

Tubes are like cartoons for kids. They will do them all day if you let them and never progress. Kneeboards are a gateway "drug" for the other stuff. The learn how to fall, how to edge, how to jump and land.

Comment

I love to kneeboard as well as my daughter. I also agree its a great way to get just about anybody on the water. The one thing I would make sure of is that the kneeboard has fins. When you get newbs and smaller/lighter kids on the board they have a hard time turning it without them. I dont have the one with the rope hook but it does look like a good idea. I have been on a lot of different kneeboards and never found I needed a stap ext. and I am a big guy @ 235#,so not real sure what kind of board would need that. Another thing is I dont let newbs even use the strap until they are very comfortable on the board and I strap them in and flip the over and make them get out from the starp. I learned the hard way when one of my buddies told me his daughter had been on a kneeboard before and was fine with the strap well when she fell and couldnt get out she drank about half the lake before we got back to her. Scared the crap out of me...no more straps for newbs!!! You have to prove to me you can get out of the strap before I let them use it.

Comment

Great call on the strap. . . seems like common sense, but I would have overlooked it. Thanks!

Comment

The ricochet from O’Brien is what I was looking at for the kids before I found my Neptune. I’ve seen blem boards for $150. Comes with a tow hook to help get the kids up easier. And it’s built the same as the higher end boards, something everyone can grow on. Good for starter to intermediate riders.
          Don’t bother with the plastic boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X