Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you fish from your Tige?

I have three kids, 21, 21 and 19.
    My son (21) has just joined the Navy (he was always our third and he and I would wake board year round) and my other two won’t go boating unless the weather is great and the water temp is in the high 60’s . So my wife and I are thinking of taking up fishing in our off season. (I know there are forums where you can get a third, but my wife does not want strangers to go out with us)
    So this brings up my question
    If you fish from your tige, is there anything you need to do to help protect the boat? Or is there anything you added to make the fishing more enjoyable.
    Thanks
    David W
    Tige, it's a way of life!

We have done it and it was quite enjoyable in the summer. I stood on the swim deck. Winter it would not be as enjoyable because I would have to have shoes on the vinyl, no no in my boat. Fishing from the floor, the tower got in the way of casting and we were bass fishing.

Comment

I actually went out with a fellow TO member this past weekend on his Tige and went trolling. We had 2 lines out at a time, and I ended up catching the only bass of the day. It was a good time. We were just careful not to snag hooks on the upholstery, and I pulled the fish off the hook on the swim platform...

Comment

No fishing from my Tige' I have a 24ft pontoon for that.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Congratulations on your son joining the largest yacht club in the world! As a retired Navy man myself (20 years), I can tell you joining (and sticking it out) was the one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. As for fishing from the Tige... does fishing for a beer out of the cooler count?!? That's as close as I've been - yet!

Comment

No fishing from my boat, too many blood stains on our fishing boat vinyl to even risk doing it in the Tige. However, I have several friends who try to convince me to do it. Their thoughts were to fish from the swim platform and if you are going to keep the fish, strap a cooler to the platform as well - then the fish never enter the boat.

The issue is that you have no way to control the boat from there, so you are at the mercy of the wind. LJS found a way to mount a trolling motor on his platform - http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...light=trolling

This would be your best option for manuevering around the fishing holes.

Comment

No fishing from ours. I am afraid of stains, smells, vinyl tears or bimini tears. I did let my son bring his small pole and tackle box to take to a shore to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
                No fishing from my boat, too many blood stains on our fishing boat vinyl to even risk doing it in the Tige. However, I have several friends who try to convince me to do it. Their thoughts were to fish from the swim platform and if you are going to keep the fish, strap a cooler to the platform as well - then the fish never enter the boat.

The issue is that you have no way to control the boat from there, so you are at the mercy of the wind. LJS found a way to mount a trolling motor on his platform - http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...light=trolling

This would be your best option for manuevering around the fishing holes.
                I would second this. I have tried once to fish from the swim platform and it was ok, not great, but ok. My father-in-law is really into fishing so I took him out once when my neighbor wasn't home. My neighbor had an 18' bass boat he would take us out on or let me borrow.

The fishing was not bad from the platform, but staying away from shore was a challenge, if there is a way you can mount a portable/removable trolling motor on the swim platform you'll be in much better shape than I was. Or use an anchor I guess.
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

No, but it never fails several times each summer we get asked about fishing in our wakeboat. Most of the time we're at the gas station and a local will wish us luck. I just smile and say thank you. Does this happen anywhere besides NC?

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
                    If you fish from your tige, is there anything you need to do to help protect the boat?
                    Yes, leave the fishing gear at home.

Or is there anything you added to make the fishing more enjoyable.
                    Yes, leave the fishing gear at home. And bring the surfboards and wakeboards. You'll have way more fun, I promise!

Separately: Do you work in the laser industry? Your logo looks like a laser symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by thtrog View Post
                      No, but it never fails several times each summer we get asked about fishing in our wakeboat. Most of the time we're at the gas station and a local will wish us luck. I just smile and say thank you. Does this happen anywhere besides NC?
                      Happens to me every time at the gas station, in TX and WA. I always get asked "how many rods can that arch hold"?
                      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                        Separately: Do you work in the laser industry? Your logo looks like a laser symbol.
                        Yes
                        I ran and repaired the laser for a factory based out of CA for about 15 years until we moved it to China.
                        Now I oversee the production and PMs on the equipment.
                        Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
                          Yes
                          I ran and repaired the laser for a factory based out of CA for about 15 years until we moved it to China.
                          Now I oversee the production and PMs on the equipment.
                          Very fun. Long ago, I worked in the industry (even designed equipment for, and ran, some laser light shows!). Mostly CW ion gas lasers, predominantly argon and krypton, up to ten optical watts. One of my favorite industry niches. I was young and it didn't pay much but one of the most fun technologies I've ever worked with.

Comment

Working...
                          X