Ron Scarpa : 1982 WSM feature for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Scarpa : 1982 WSM feature for sale

For the Tige Footin' folks: Back in May 1982, Ron Scarpa (Footing's "RAGING BULL") was introduced in Water Ski magazine. Featured on the front cover. This was when Ron had just started, and also had a full head of hair.

22 years later,he'sstill the reigning King of Footin'.

That original May 1982 Water Ski Magazine is for sale (complete and not dog-eared) on e-Bay. It includes the 6 page spread on Ron, as well as the Lapointe brothers and Camille Duvalle.

Great memorabilia, a gift, or prize at a water sports event.

Available on e-Bay auction until Sun Feb 22.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMESSE%3AIT

Here's the May 1982 WSM cover... showing Ron!
    Attached Files

Comment

No offense, and dont take this the wrong way, but is there something special about a magazine from 1982?
      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

I agree runne

Comment

No offense taken.... but....

Ron Scarpa is considered by many folks to be the world
          "celebrity" or most famous barefooter.

This 1982 Water Ski Magazine (22 years ago) was the issue where Ron is "announced" to the sking public.

Those who have been around for years, who consider Ron the current "grand-daddy" of footin'.... would probably really like this issue.... for nostalgic purposes.

Doesn't really matter now. It's sold. Somebody did.

For the younger crowd. A similar thing might be getting hold of a family video of the Bonifay boys doing some early boardin'.

Comment

i thought banna george was the most famous barefooter

Comment

What's with you banks?

It's like you're a little kid trying to start a fight in the schoolyard. I simply asked if anybody was interested in buying the WSM magazine I listed on e-Bay.

Then when I explain "why" (Ron STILL runs a barefooting school) and many of his former and current students might be interested in buying..... I get told that Banana George is the most famous footer.

If you're looking for a debate... go some where else.

Maybe you're trying to be funny... but humour often gets lost in the 1-dimensional world of text and email.

Comment

Working...
              X