AIR CHAIR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIR CHAIR???

i am borrowing a air chair from a friend for this weekend. does anyone have any advice how to use this thing? i have seen people just hoovering above the water on them. i am gonna try her. how do you start?

How did it go on the hydrofoil? I can give you some pointer on starting out on one if you would like.

Al

Comment

well, tried it. i got pretty good at leaning back and getting up, but then i would nose dive, or turn side ways right away. i dont know where to hold the rope once i get up.

Comment

as soon as you get on top of the water, lean as far forward as you can. this will keep you on the water until you get the feel of it.
        hold the handle high to bring the ski down and low to come up on the foil. when you get the hang of it just lean back and you can shoot right out of the water. stay back until you land back in the water then lean forward again to get control. the landing is like a shock absorber.
        have fun.

Comment

i will try again this weekend. maybe i will get to stay up a little while longer this time. thanks for the advise!

Comment

Jason is right, once up, lean way forward and keep your arms out. Be sure and lean forward from the waist, not the middle of your back (hunching shoulders forward). The ski should not come off the water. Once up, learn to control the ski (make it go the way you want it to rather than reacting to what the ski does). Handle controls are backwards. Move handle left you go right, move handle up, you go down.

After you get the hang of that, slowly sit up straight and, if necessary, lower the handle to get the ski to slowly lift off the water. Get the hang of controlling the altitude and steering while on the foil before jumping. I will be more than happy to elaborate on jumping.

Other things to consider: Hydrofoils are very sensitive to body movements. make sure that the rope is over the tip of the ski and your knees are not leaning to one side or the other. Also keep your hips straight underneath your back.

If this does not help, let me know what is happening when you are trying and I will give you some specific pointers.

Comment

hey i appreciate any help i can get! i will let you know after this weekend how i do.

Comment

Working...
              X