CO owners - sound off if you are on Empire Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO owners - sound off if you are on Empire Reservoir

This is my first year joining Empire Reservoir in North-East Colorado and I am blown away at how many Tige's are out there. Drop a line if you are out there.

Timmy, you will have to let me know if you found it worth the money and the drive. I belonged to Standley Lake for a copuple of seasons and I found the weekends were pretty crowded. I'm curious if you can find great water on Saturdays and Sundays. Take some pics next time you are out. Do you have a dock or do you just back your truck in the lake? Sorry for all the questions but I'm always on the lookout for better water.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
      Timmy, you will have to let me know if you found it worth the money and the drive. I belonged to Standley Lake for a copuple of seasons and I found the weekends were pretty crowded. I'm curious if you can find great water on Saturdays and Sundays. Take some pics next time you are out. Do you have a dock or do you just back your truck in the lake? Sorry for all the questions but I'm always on the lookout for better water.
      Ditto.

Comment

The drive is actually less for me since I used to drive to Horsetooth every weekend. Starting next month I will be leaving my boat there so it will cut down on the fuel and storage costs as well. So far, I am in love!

Comment

hey guys have been out there for the last 3 years, and it is awsome. the lake is huge and on the 4th of july the last few years there are less than 50 boats out there. weekends are about the same can always find good water out there. In our spot we have a 30-40 ft ramp then as the water goes down we just beach launch. it is worth the drive, really no rules other than pure respect and have not come across any issues with other boats. everyone out there for the most part is respectful of your lines and so on. great place just with we could keep the water levels up longer. pray for rain lots of it during the week and hot as hell friday thru sunday.

Comment

Timmy,

Ill let you figure out wether you want to store the boat out there on your own, I can tell you though, storms out there are hella worse than in town, last aug. out of now where a slight wind turned into 60mph and grapefruit size hail. Kinda weird i leave my new camper out there but wont do the boat. guess to me its easier to fix the camper than be without the boat for a few weeks. funnty how the lake used to be a huge bu and craft lake, now the tige's are taking it over piece by piece.

Comment

Meangreen, is there a wait list to join? Do they allow surfing with lots of ballast? That's cool they have a space for you to leave a camper. What's the price for the season? It seems like there are a few different clubs to join on the lake, which one are you with? Do you have a contact number? Thanks

Comment

The cool thing about the rules is realy there are no rules. Just kidding. Just like any other lake we abide by coast guard regs. However there is no active boat patrol out there. We basicly police our selfs and for the last few years I have never come across an issue. Everyone out there is very respectful and mindful of everyone on the water and generaly will not come any close to you or your skier than 100 yards. I wanna say I've used my skier down flag twice out there in three years. That's how respectful everyone is. As far as the clubs I believe there is six clubs out there. I have contact info for my club which is owned by Cheri in California and run by Ken and Mary who are our camp hosts I will put that info up when I get home for ya guys. Timmy what club are you in. I am on the south aide of the lake by the slalom course. R u down there as well or by the "damn".

Comment

I am in the "West Fort Morgan" club that is on the northwest side. We have a concrete ramp but you can't see it yet because the water level is so high. I know our side is full for this year and it was $1,250 and you can have a camper/trailer/boat/whatever there but you have to put it away if you are going to be away from it for more than 24 hours, you don't get a designated spot. You can surf with as much ballast as you want. My buddy has an Epic that has like 4,000 lbs or something on it.

There are cons to the lake, it is an irrigation lake and the water level can down fast from what I have heard and sometimes you are done in July. For this year they increased the depth by 5' and I think next year will be another 10' after they are done constructing the dam higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                    Yes, you can get great water on weekends! I've been to Stanley and can not stand it. If you break it down, Empire is probably 3-4 times the size of stanley, with a fraction of the members (empire has ~320) and is only twice the cost at most depending on the club. More importantly, you can drink on that lake!! Pull the trigger Mica.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen22ve View Post
                      Timmy,

Ill let you figure out wether you want to store the boat out there on your own, I can tell you though, storms out there are hella worse than in town, last aug. out of now where a slight wind turned into 60mph and grapefruit size hail. Kinda weird i leave my new camper out there but wont do the boat. guess to me its easier to fix the camper than be without the boat for a few weeks. funnty how the lake used to be a huge bu and craft lake, now the tige's are taking it over piece by piece.
                      I remember that storm, it was on a Saturday and we came up for day rides that Friday and Sunday. We lucked out on that one.

Comment

Took a couple of pulls last night, the water has warmed up significantly! Probably won't need the wetsuit any longer.

Comment

I was out on Standley Today and I just cant believe how many boats are out there all the time. Even worst then that is that how many IDIOTS have bought boats and don't know basic boat etiquette. it seems like guys and coming closer and closer to you out there. it sure isn't like the old days when you could leave your camper up there and we would drive around in golf carts. man those where the days. I remember day after day of glass up there too. well I wanted to know if anyone goes to Sloan?
                          I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

Waterskirebel is on Sloans, he has a nice 20V which is perfect for Sloans.

Comment

I know Waterskirebel is out there I sent him and email but never heard back from him.
                              I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X