Help me bypass my heater core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me bypass my heater core

Just took the 2013 R20 out for the first time this year and noticed right away the heater core was leaking. I assume the dealer didn’t winterize it with the rest of the boat last fall. I’d prefer to avoid bringing it in for a fix if I can bypass the heater core and deal without a heater for the summer.

My question is: Do I simply need to connect these two hoses together to bypass the core? Will that cause any other issue I’m not aware of?

Thanks

Should just be able to connect those two hoses together or just add a short hose right on the engine.

Comment

^ this.
      Either get a 5/8 to 5/8 hose barb and some clamps to connect the lines together or you can put in a small loop at the engine.
      You likely have a circulation pump though so you'll need to unplug it if you do the engine loop.

Comment

Boom, solved! My next question would have been connector size. This forum is rad, thanks all!

Comment

Did you report it to your dealer? I’d would email them saying you found a leak because they should warranty their work if they didn’t winterize it correctly! Better to do it now vs this fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, good call. I did call the dealer and set up a report. come fall when I winterize they will take care of it. We don’t use the heater so much to justify a missed weekend or two of use

Comment

Working...
            X