10th annual Texas Fly in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10th annual Texas Fly in

The 10th annual Texas Fly in will be on Sept 11th - 14th in Weatherford Texas. It will be held near Tin Top Road on the Brazos river. There is tent camping as well as hotels near by.

It would be great if we had a strong Tige' showing for the event.

http://www.texasflyin.com
    If its not fun, Why do it?

Hmm, sounds tempting. Are you going?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
      The 10th annual Texas Fly in will be on Sept 11th - 14th in Weatherford Texas. It will be held near Tin Top Road on the Brazos river. There is tent camping as well as hotels near by.

It would be great if we had a strong Tige' showing for the event.

http://www.texasflyin.com
      I'll make sure not to be there that weekend! Haha!

Also the river is down about 2 feet which is a lot. Hopefully that will change with this rain we are getting.
      Last edited by Matt Garcia; 08-15-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I will be there Thursday evening to Sunday. I hope it goes back up. It was down 2 feet last year.

Comment

Is the river ski-able with it down another two feet from last year?

I am considering coming down. We have 10 or 12 coming from
          Colorado again.

May join them
          AirJorgy
          "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

I would say that it is still 2 feet down. I will call Spitz tomorrow and find out.

Comment

Matt,
              I heard a rumor that they were going to be dropping Ganbury 5 feet around the first of September to fix the dam. Have you heard anything about that?

David

Comment

Originally posted by airjorgy View Post
                Is the river ski-able with it down another two feet from last year?

I am considering coming down. We have 10 or 12 coming from
                Colorado again.

May join them
                Yes you can still ski it. Just some parts of the river you have to really watch your depth. Some places are 3 ft deep. Nothing like wiping out and then standing up.

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
                Matt,
                I heard a rumor that they were going to be dropping Ganbury 5 feet around the first of September to fix the dam. Have you heard anything about that?

David
                No. I haven't heard of that. I'll have to ask my buddy who has a place out there. We will probably head out there this weekend.

Comment

I just spoke to the Brazos River authority and they are not planning on dropping the lake for any reason at this time.

Comment

water was 4 ft. low this past weekend. actually hit a sand bar and bent the prop. but we put in at the kimball bridge just north of whitney. dunno if this means anything for the northern parts, never been there.
                    I'm full of tomfullery

Comment

Thanks for the update but I don't think the conditions on the river will be the same. We are riding North of Lake Granbury. This is held just South of Weatherford.

Comment

ya'll should be sittin real pretty. it may even rise a good bit with this tropical storm washing in. we are suspected to get anywhere from 3 - 6" of rain this week here in the metroplex...but we all know how weather forecasts go.
                        I'm full of tomfullery

Comment

Anyone from here going? I'll be out there on Friday night and all day Saturday. Probably be out in either a black and white Supra 21V or my RZ2.

Comment

Matt,

Had some family issues and could not make the trip afterall.

7 guys from Colorado coming there. Have a great time. Texas Fly In
                            is always a blast.

Andy
                            AirJorgy
                            "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

You might want to rethink this in light of Ike. Weather looks to be kinda dicey.
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X