Foiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foiling

Does anybody here use a sky ski or an air chair?

I just started this summer. My cousin rented a sky ski, and we took it up to the lake. Learning to use it was pretty brutal. But once you have the hang of it, it is actually more fun than wakeboarding.

Now I own a Sky ski with the shock tower. I am still learning on it, and still hitting pretty hard, but it is a blast.

I have always wanted to try that but never had an opportunity. How are the landings? Seems like they would hurt your back. It definetly looks fun.

Comment

It all depends on how the foil enters thew water. Sometimes there is a hard hit and sometimes it is like landing on a pillow.

But when you crash, the ski stops alot sooner than you body does. I have been folded in half on more than on occation.

Comment

Yes, I own a SkySki as well. They are a blast but do take some time getting used to. I have been trying to land some gainers and inverts but only landed a few and have drank lots of water in the process.

Comment

Go out to http://www.foilfreaks.com to learn more information about hydrofoil. The guy that runs the site is Bryan Steele and he lives in your area.

Here are some events all over the country setup to ride with new people and learn new tricks. The top riders in the world show up to these events.

1. 1st Annual Sydney Australia Fly-in Feb. 11th - 13th 2005

2. 6th Annual Florida Fly In April 7th to 10th 2005

3. 1st Annual Georgia Mountain May 12th to 15th 2005

4. 6th Annual Tenn. Fly In June 23rd to 27th 2005

5. 2nd Annual Pacific NW Fly In (WA.) Aug. 5th to 7th 2005

6. 3rd Annual Idaho Fly-in Aug. 27th to 29th 2005

7. 5th Annual Great Lakes Fly-In Sept. 9th to 11th 2005

8. 7th Annual Texas Fly In Sept. 15th to 19th 2005

9. 3rd Annual False River Fly In (LA) Oct. 21st to 23rd 2005

10. 1st Annual Lake Shasta Fly-In (CA) Dates to be announced
          If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment