Hydrofoil flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrofoil flip?

I am getting to the point where I can consistantly land 3-5 foot jump on my chair. Am I getting enough air to land a flip? any experts? Now I'm just working up the courage to try a flip.

Is this hard to learn? It looks like sooooo much fun.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I've always wanted to learn but haven't felt like dropping the $1K on a chair yet. It does look like alot of fun though.
      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Just do It.........

It will only hurt for a sec.
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

there is one guy on here who is sick on the airchair. I forgot his name tho. hell post here soon enough.....
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

air jorgy

Comment

how do u land the thing??????

we have one and whenever i land i get into an uncontrollable porpoise/bounce untill i crash.

i can go up and down and turn but as soon as i go to jump it just does its bounce thing and then.... crash..

what angle are u landing at??

Comment

It looks like you have enough air. Can you land any inverts? If not, there are easier ones to pull off. Best advice is hook up with riders in your area. There are 4 in OR

http://www.frappr.com/airjunkyhydrofoillist

The best resource is http://www.foilforum.com

Here is a thread about Front Flips - you might post your question in tips and tricks.

Tigesinaus - there is an Ausy fly in each year in Jan. http://www.ozeflyin.net/
                You should reach out to these guys!
                If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                  air jorgy
                  I am sure he is busy with the Hydrofoil Nationals happening this weekend in Colorado. Check Andy out discussing the event. If you are local to Denver, Colorado, you should check out this event.

http://www.youtube.com/user/steeletube

Comment

Any decent places to purchase a used sky ski and not an air chair?

Ebay usually has Air Chairs.

The price on new Sky Skis is pretty steep.

I am looking for a sky ski w/ shock tower and beginner or intermediate foil for the kids and truth to tell me.

Comment

Best thing to do is watch this list below... You could also post what you are looking for.

http://www.foilforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Comment

skyski tige is right.

I would say you have plenty of air to do an invert. Start with throwing a "dismount gainer" (back flip) at the wake. Get used to going upside
                        down and knowing where you are at. Once you can do that about 10
                        times in a row and "glide away" on the landing you will be ready to try
                        to ride away. There are several schools of thought as to where to
                        throw them (flats vs. wake) (back roll vs. gainer). I would start
                        at the wake as it helps with getting you into the air.

For more info you can also browse foilforum.com for a ton of information.

Nationals were a success. Four 16 hour days of sun, fun, and foilin have
                        me pretty spent. All good stuff. I am sure they will post video and photos
                        on the forum very soon.

Thanks
                        Air
                        AirJorgy
                        "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

One more thing.....from the photo it looks like you are getting pulled
                          towards the boat (tip of board moves inward).

Suggestion: Look across the wake to the shore line (pick something out)
                          and make your jump and you will go 2 ft higher and land out in the
                          flats. Look the direction you want to go.
                          AirJorgy
                          "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

Thanks for the tips all. I'm gona try a dismount gainer nest time I'm out... I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                            X