Hydrofoil/Wakeboarding Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrofoil/Wakeboarding Pictures

Well I tried the Hydrofoil this weekend for the first time and I have to say this thing is ADDICTING! Although I wasn't able to ride for more than a few seconds this is definitely a lot of fun and challenging. I never realized how sensitive this thing was to handle and body position. It seemed like any shift in weight or handle position and I was flying out of the water. This board definably takes a bit of balance and skill. Getting up is one thing but staying up is another. I have a feeling I may want to purchase one of these once I become acclimated with it.

There was also a lot of stoke in the boat, my buddy Brent landed his second invert which was a wake roll. This was only his fourth time out on it! Our friend Jacky learned how to ride switch and I was stoked just to get up on it.

Here are a few pictures and the rest can be viewed here. http://tigeowners.com/riding/rr/index.htm

Great pics! Looks like fun.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun.
      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Hey Matt how come I've never seen or heard of that page with all those pics? Can I have the link and is there any other pages like that, if there is can i have the link to those too.
        The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
          Hey Matt how come I've never seen or heard of that page with all those pics? Can I have the link and is there any other pages like that, if there is can i have the link to those too.
          That is the only page like that. I only did that because I was sharing those pics with some of my friends from Dallaswakeboarding.com who are not Tigeowners.com members (non members need to be registered to view pictures). Otherwise I would typically put them in the Galleries section of this site.

Comment

Oh ok,...Thats the main reason Why I joined the site to look at the members gallerys...now I'm an addict.
            The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Cool Pics Matt...looks like your riding with some people that have skills.
              That is the quickest way to progress on the foil. Ride with other riders
              that are better than you. There is a Fly In (a foiling get togetherwhere
              people ride and learn from each other & party) in texas in September www.texasflyin.com each year. Definitely try to make that event.

Good Luke.

Andy
              AirJorgy
              "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

Originally posted by airjorgy View Post
                Cool Pics Matt...looks like your riding with some people that have skills.
                That is the quickest way to progress on the foil. Ride with other riders
                that are better than you. There is a Fly In (a foiling get togetherwhere
                people ride and learn from each other & party) in texas in September www.texasflyin.com each year. Definitely try to make that event.

Good Luke.

Andy
                Yes it definetly helps to ride with someone who knows what they are doing.

I have heard about that Fly In. I think I might try to go out and check it out. The river where it is held out has some of the best spots to ride in Texas. Its also one of my ridiing spots.

Comment

I get up to Dallas a couple of days a month. I will start bringing my foil now that it is getting warmer up there. Do you ever get out to ride on weekdays?

David
                  skyski_tige
                  If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                    Oh ok,...Thats the main reason Why I joined the site to look at the members gallerys...now I'm an addict.

No...............technically your an "EXPERT" hahahahahaha

Comment

Nice...

Welcome to the sport Matt. That water looks familiar. Where were you riding?
                      I went down to Dallas on business and rode with some guys down there on Lake Grapevine. That's the nice thing about this sport, everyone I have met in the sport has been great. Easier on the body than a lot of sports I've tried.
                      Here is a shot of me on the Columbia River...

Oh ya... I turn 50 this year.

Last edited by kirk; 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X