Record Foil Jump-Geno Yauchler on Stunt Junkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Foil Jump-Geno Yauchler on Stunt Junkies

Just watched Geno Yauchler on Stunt Junkies set a record jump on a hydrofoil on that show Stunt Junkies. Below is the link to their site, the show is on Doscovery Channel. It was pretty cool to see how smooth and fluid he is on one of those things.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/st...ntjunkies.html

Ya I caught that on TV last night. They loaded down that X Star with 5k of weight!

Isnt that the same lake (Lake Alford) that Parks Bonifay or Shaun Murray live on?

Pretty intense watching it all go down.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
      Just watched Geno Yauchler on Stunt Junkies set a record jump on a hydrofoil on that show Stunt Junkies. Below is the link to their site, the show is on Doscovery Channel. It was pretty cool to see how smooth and fluid he is on one of those things.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/st...ntjunkies.html

I just watched that..............HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about dangerous with him jumping over that boat!!!!!!! that is freakin nuts! But since he pulled it off without killing himself that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen done on H2O!!!!!!!! AWESOME! He gets the BALLS OF STEEL award!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd just love to try it. Problem is I don't know too many people that want to spend that kind of money on a chair.
        "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
        "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
          I'd just love to try it. Problem is I don't know too many people that want to spend that kind of money on a chair.

Yeah some of the cheaper ones I've seen are still around 1300-1500!!! That is crazy! There is a guy @ our lake who has one and lets us all ride it........I've tried about 4 times and can't ride further then 100 yards!!!! I just don't have the patience for it!

Comment

I love that show.....last night was sick.....

Did anyone see the ski jumper jump over 18 or 20 boats?? That guy is crazy too.....
            http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/play...clid=164950249

This is the wakeboard jump!!!!
            http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/play...clid=164950249
            Last edited by G-MONEY; 02-06-2007, 08:48 PM.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Lake Alfred has Parks Bonifay, but between Tampa and Orlando there are tons of pro skiers, boarders, and foilers that live on all the lakes. Shaun Murray's school is in the same area. See, wakeboarding with gators can't be that bad if that many pros do it

Comment

That video brings back bad memories from last summer on Mead. Apparently hydrofoilers don't feel rules/laws apply to them. On more than one occasion we had hydrofoilers jump the bow of our boat, and it didn't matter if we were moving or not. Leaves a really bad taste when just a few ruin our impression of what looks like it would be fun (if you can't get out of the water on a board).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                  That video brings back bad memories from last summer on Mead. Apparently hydrofoilers don't feel rules/laws apply to them. On more than one occasion we had hydrofoilers jump the bow of our boat, and it didn't matter if we were moving or not. Leaves a really bad taste when just a few ruin our impression of what looks like it would be fun (if you can't get out of the water on a board).
                  yea that was cool
                  The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Dan and Christy,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a hydrofoiler. For the most
                    part we are some best boating people on the planet. Fun, Courtesious, and
                    safe boaters. I know we have a few show off's and I am guessing you must
                    have encountered the 1% that makes the other 99% good foilers look bad. Please don't lump us all into the same catagoery. If anyone out there wants
                    to shorten the learning curve on foil, you can find many people to network
                    with through www.foilfreaks.com.

Air Jorgy
                    Go Big or Go Home
                    AirJorgy
                    "Fly Where it's High"

Comment

Working...
                    X