Memorial Day Riding Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Riding Vid

Just thought I would share this with the group. This is a video I made from footage I was able to get at a small get together on Memorial Day Weekend. The rider in the yellow helmet is Ben Ferney who is one of the Top Three Riders in the world. He also holds the world record for unassisted big air. I feel blessed I was lucky enough to get invited to this event even though it was rain and sub 50 degree temps all weekend. Don't bash me too hard as I do own a Tige, but yes we were in an MB.

https://vimeo.com/user8187204/seeley...itational-2012

that looks super cool. Are those air chairs or the Sky Ski? I have been interested in trying one of those but I must admit that I am not thinking of any flips like those dudes.

Comment

You guys are hard core

Comment

Originally posted by 25cents View Post
        that looks super cool. Are those air chairs or the Sky Ski? I have been interested in trying one of those but I must admit that I am not thinking of any flips like those dudes.
        Those were a mix of different brands. There was stuff from Sky Ski, Xtreme Wings, Air Chair, Xair and several other manufacturers. You'd be surprised at how low impact the sport is. The guy in the bright green and orange at 3:26 is in his 60s and was trying flips. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get video of those attempts, but he was close to landing one and came out in fine shape. It all depends on how fast you are going and how big you take it, but it can be as mellow or as crazy as you want. Hit up the FoilForum if you want to learn more about the hydrofoil.

Comment

looks like a blast.... I need to find a ride so I can try before i buy.. looks super fun either way.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
            looks like a blast.... I need to find a ride so I can try before i buy.. looks super fun either way.
            Hit up the foilforum.com I know there are several guys around Utah who foil. You'll find that most hydrofoilers are sincerely excited to help someone new into the sport.

Comment

Great vid! Those wipe outs look harsh (eg, 4:40 )

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                Great vid! Those wipe outs look harsh (eg, 4:40 )
                That's what is referred to as a reverse scorpion.Lol It's too bad that is about the only decent video I got of him as he landed his first two flips that weekend.

Comment

that's wicked neat
                  Life is good...
                  Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Working...
                  X