Finally Owning Some Inverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Owning Some Inverts

Just thought I'd post this up as I am super pumped to be out on the new boat nailing some new stuff. These are my 5th, 6th, and 7th ever landed inverts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbo6LtWTs-4

Cool

Comment

Sweet
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Thought I recognized that lake.... Over by the islands in the Hope area? What's the water temp dare I ask?

Comment

Awesome!! You made that look easy and I know its not...I so want to try a sky ski!!! How long have you been riding one?

Comment

neildorin,
            I still haven't figured out how to get the temp to show up on the Faria Pilot guage I have, but based on what some friends told me and just guessing on previous experience I'd say the water was around 45ish. They lengthened the boat launch under the Hope bridge a couple of years ago, so it is really a nice year round launch now. I usually launch at City Beach, but it was still a little low for that.

kko,
            I just started foiling last year in May. Some people pick it up really fast while others struggle. It is a finesse thing and I think some people really try to muscle it too much when it really doesn't take much strength. I landed my first couple of Gainers at the end of last season in October, so I was pumped they came easy this spring. It took me 100+ crashes over last summer to get the first one, but once you realize it is possible to land one they start coming a lot easier. I love the foil and haven't touched my board since I got it. It is much better on my knees and it is really just something different that feels really cool. The first time you start flying things get really quiet and smooth and is like no other feeling.

Comment

Here is some footage from the A-Town Throw Down last Nov in Austin...
              It was awesome seeing the riders make it look so easy.

http://youtu.be/GWShCpqUFLE
              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Here is my favorite of Al landing a KGB on Lake Austin. His blue Tige with the Hula Boat Care banner is in the background. This guy is unreal

http://youtu.be/FkRY4ZBOOOo
                What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Those guys go so huge. I can't wait to start perfecting the jump technique and getting some bigger air. That's sweet Al is sporting the Hula Banner. I'm surprised I never heard of Hula Boat Care before.

Comment

I met Al about a year ago right when I launched my company. We had some in depth polishing conversations about polishing T bars and foils. Kinda hit it off from there. I sponsor his boat and through him sponsored a few national fly ins last year.

My company is relatively new but having work for 3M and Meguiar's for 12 years I knew I could strike out on my own and keep the passion of polishing alive.
                    What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

I want one, but can a 50+ old guy ride one?

Comment

OOPS, just saw you are only 2 years younger than me so I guess I better save up my money. How do you find a good used one and what do you stay away from? Looks soooo cool.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                          OOPS, just saw you are only 2 years younger than me so I guess I better save up my money. How do you find a good used one and what do you stay away from? Looks soooo cool.

Go check out the foilforum Classifieds section:

http://www.foilforum.com/forums/foru...For-Sale-Trade

If you just ask they will help you with just about anything you need including finding a nice used ski. There are guys in their 60s landing their first inverts. This sport is really low impact compared to wakeboarding. You can of course take it to a level that is no longer low impact, but you are going pretty big at that point.

Comment

As for buying a used ski. I would look at something in the $1500-2k range and look at the Sky Ski B39 or B39 Launch. The SS Pro is a good starter ski but you will quickly outgrow the shorter TBar.

Comment

Working...
                            X