Foilin' in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foilin' in Texas

Howdy y'all. Just wanted to extend an invite to any of those out there who have been wanting to try hydrofoiling. I have a 24V and a ski so come on down to Austin! The 24V rocks for foilin'!!!

Al

PS - its not called "AIR CHAIR", or "SKY SKI" anymore. They are manufacturers of hydrofoils. That would be like calling wakeboarding "Hyperlite" or "CWB". Okay of the soap box now...

I would love to come down and do some "Ski skiing" or some "Air Chairin'" But I don't make it down to Austin very much!!

All kidding aside, how are the falls on those things" It looks like you would get killed by that foil. I hit myself with my wakeboard all the time, I can't imagine getting nailed with that!

I still gotta try it sometime though!!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

The falls and fear of the foil are one of the big misnomers associated with foiling. The falls are generally easier than on a wakeboard. Most of the time the board breaks the fall, whereas on a wakeboard you meet the water first.

You are attached to the ski with a hefty seatbelt and ankle leashes and do NOT come out of it. Yea, aluminum hydrofoils chasing you after you fall would be bad.

There is a large and rapidly growing group of foilers out there across the country. If you want, I can try and get you out with someone in your area.

Al

Comment

Thanks for the offer!

I have seen several people around here having a great time on the foils, I'll just go chat one of them up!

It looks like a great deal of fun.

Comment

BTW, check out delongheavyhaul's post in "Other" watersports, you might have another convert.

Comment

Fly-ins are a great way to check out hydrofoiling. These are grass roots, non competitive events held all over the country. There is one coming up in Il. Not sure how close this is to you. Here is the info:
            http://www.foilfreaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=266

Comment

skyskijones,

You going to the Tige Owner's Reunion?
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I was planning on it, but we are scheduled to put on a few hydrofoiling exhibitions at the Texas Wakeboad Tour at TSR the same day. Wish I could be in two places at once!

Comment

Oh well, we'll catch you next time. If you ever make it up to Lake Buchanan, we're in a cove just north of Rocky Point. There's several 21vs in our cove.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                  X