I Have Gone To The Dark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have Gone To The Dark Side

I finally gave in and purchased an old Sky Ski Pro cast.
    She isn't pretty but I purchased it locally from Craigslist for a price that I couldn't pass up. This one should be good to learn on this season and I'll upgrade next year. All I need now is some cinch straps and a helmet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Carter13; 04-25-2010, 02:17 AM.
    Formertigeowners.com
    I used to be a member in the past.

You are going to love it!!!! I have an older one as well and am wanting a new one already. More air and easy on the knees. Wake boarding gave me a bad knee many years ago now. Have fun with it!!! and go BIG. And don't forget to video everyones first ride, you will kill yourselves laughing...

Comment

It does not look that bad. I am hoping to pick up one as well.

Comment

Thats awesome!....Hows the weather up there?...been out on the water yet?

Comment

Fleet,

The weather has been hit and miss this spring. I have not been out yet but hopefully in the next few weeks.
          I hope to be half as good as these guys in three years. http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...ir-7000-Frames
          Formertigeowners.com

Comment

I wouldn't consider that the darkside. The darkside is tubing... If you haven't ridden a foil before, OMG it is seriously the coolest thing ever! Probably the closest feeling to flight that a human can experience short of those flying squirrel suits that those nutcases base jump with.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter13 View Post
              I finally gave in and purchased an old Sky Ski Pro cast.
              She isn't pretty but I purchased it locally from Craigslist for a price that I couldn't pass up. This one should be good to learn on this season and I'll upgrade next year. All I need now is some cinch straps and a helmet.
              Damn! Want one soooo bad. Had to give money saved for a new one to an attorney. What a waste. Let me know what you think.
              Very curious. Take pictues and share.

Thanks.

Comment

It is sooooo sweet riding a foil!
                If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
                  It is sooooo sweet riding a foil!
                  I HAVE GOT TO HAVE ONE!

Comment

We have a air chair omg lots of good times did you get the owners video man o man I miss the 80s lol

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                      It is a blast (once you get the hang of it)
                      Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Has anyone fitted a sky ski rack to the alpha z tower? My dealer told me if I did it I was on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by EMGE View Post
                          Has anyone fitted a sky ski rack to the alpha z tower? My dealer told me if I did it I was on my own.
                          Depending on which rack you have... If you have a Comptech, contact Skyski and tell them what you have and ask them to make you a mounting bracket that will allow your current rack to fit on that tower. You will need to send some pictures and some measurements.

That is what they did for me but it was the e-series tower.
                          If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

I finally got a chance to ride my pro cast. The first day I learned how to ride for 2 hours. I rode for two sets and on the second set I was riding mostly on the board and steering back and forth behind the boat but also flying for 5 to 10 seconds at a time before bringing the foil board back down to the water. On the second day I rode twice for 1 hour total and at the end of the the ride I was flying for up to 1 minute and steering back and forth.
                            The water conditions sucked during both days and I would have not even tried to wakeboard but had no problem with the foil.
                            I highly suggest everyone here that has the chance to ride a buddy's foil or to pick up an old one like I did to do it because you won't be disappointed.
                            I have to say it is really nice to wake up the next morning after riding the foil and not having my back aching. It is amazing how the foil takes up all the line tension you have when wakeboarding. I could have rode for an hour each pull but my wife wasn't having it. My CWB is going to collecting dust cause I am hitting it hard on my foil.
                            Formertigeowners.com

Comment

They are a blast. We find we do it more then wakeboard. Sky ski in the morning surf in the afternoon.
                              15 Escalade ESV-Black
                              08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X