STEERING CABLE FOR 2001 21i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEERING CABLE FOR 2001 21i

I NEED A STEERING CABLE FOR AN 01 21i, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE FOR LESS THAN DEALER COST. THE DEALER COST IS $150 AND I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL PEOPLE MENTION THAT IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN $100. I SPOKE WITH THE PARTS DEPARTMENT AT TIGE' CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID THEIR INTERNAL PART NUMBER IS C3230 BUT THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE THE PART THROUGH A DEALER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS

contact SPBFAN by sending him a Private Message.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

^^^^ Ditto ^^^^

Comment

I am replacing this same cable this summer and am in the process of hunting one down. Did you happen to get a part number and find a good deal on this cable? Thenumber on my cable is SSC13418, but I read some other post for somebody that had a 2001 21i and he said he had a 16' cable, so I'm scratching my head wondering if that last number is a 6, not an 8 as it appears...hmm! I've found that part number at a variety of stores, but I don't want to buy the wrong size. Which length did you order? Also, I spoke to a guy at Teleflex who makes the cables and he suggests that owners actually put this cable out twice a season and grease it up. That would be fun although the cost of replacing it every couple years isn't so fun either. Can you help me out here and let me know what size cable you ended up getting? Thanks

Comment

I can't figure out how to edit my previous post, but I will say that I ended up buying a SSC15418 steering cable and I replaced it without a hitch within a couple of hours...no big deal thanks to some great instructions posted in this forum. I can steer with a finger again rather than every muscle in my body.

Comment

Hi what instructions did you follow squick ? I need to replace the steering cable on my 2001 21i. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X