Tige throttle and shifter - service bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige throttle and shifter - service bulletin

for anyone who has a new tige I read the service bulletin about the throttle and shifter posted on this site, but unfortunately it was 4 months to late for me - the third time out with the boat we were at broken bow in the middle of no where when the knob came off in my hand with a skier in tow.

Thank god for the emergency toolkit and the lucky fact that it had an allen wrench to fit. I recommend everyone check this service bulletin. The other thing I noticed once I was playing lake mechanic was that the insulation around the taps wires in the throttle had been stripped so i had to wrap it in electrical tape before re-installing. I will have the dealer check it this spring. They have been great about helping out so far (slalom shop).

I noticed this was listed in the downloads section for 2003 models. I've got a 2001 model and have had that same problem. I've already fixed it using the same locktite method, but if I hadn't would my 2001 have been fixed for free?

I'm just curious if 'service advisories' are like auto dealer recalls.

Comment

i assume that a SERVICE BULLTIN means the same as what it does to a
      car dealer that this is a known condition that should be checked by all having this problem. NOT A RECALL. dealer does not pay for tsb's that are out of waerranty.

Comment

Working...
      X