Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Z3 with ZF 41 tranny - v-drive discontinued on a 2014 boat?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3 with ZF 41 tranny - v-drive discontinued on a 2014 boat?!

I have a 2014 Z3 with a broken v-drive. For some reason, the oil drain plug in v-drive became loose, came out and I lost oil as I was running. The v-drive started making whistling noises as it overheated and that's when I realized my issue. V-drive needs to be rebuilt.

But here's the catch: I was told today that ZF no longer manufacturers this transmission, Indmar has no replacements parts and even ZF is short on answers for getting the gears and bearings!!

I have the 409 Indmar engine mounted to a ZF 41 1V transmission with Indmar through shaft v-drive (built by ZF). I am located in Canada.

Anybody heard or had to rebuild such a v-drive and know where parts might be available?

I can this be for a 2014 MY boat???
    IMG_2243.jpgIMG_2193.jpg

I would call Mike at Harbor Marine in Everett Washington.

He has been able to get complete reman units and parts for anything I've ever called about, though never had to deal with a 41 IV.

Comment

I have a 41 also on my ‘14 RZR, I have some information on them, but I have to dig it up. I had a post inquiring about info a couple of years ago titled “ confused tranny”. Everybody told me I was wrong, it must be a 45. I will pm you when I find it.

Comment

A good local bearing and gear place should be able to match up the bearings, races, and gears if you bring them the old ones

Comment

Sorry you’re having to deal with this.

Have the same motor and v-drive. How in the world are they one offs that the manufacture doesn’t have parts from a 5 year old drive?

Good luck!!

Comment

any luck ? My son just burned/siezed up our 2015 Indmar Vee Model 082120ES and they want 10k for a new one

Comment

Have you any updates on this problem?

Comment

Interesting news, looks like the ZF 41 IV is a PCM IRM 40, manufactured by ZF. Isn't '14 when Tige changed to Indmar? They probably had some left over inventory.

Comment

I have a 2014 Z3. It doesn't seem to have seperate vdrive and transmission dipsticks like my Moomba did. I can see in the above photos the transmission but where is the Vdrive? My moomba took 30 weight nondetergent oil while the trany took ATF fuid. What am i missing?

Comment

The ZF 41 has two dip sticks, one for the v-drive and one for the transmission, both require ATF fluid. On the picture attached, the v-drive is where the gold prop shaft mount is, the transmission itself is more behind the seat in the engine hatch. The tranny is actually a PCM 40, and either Indmar or ZF manufactured the v-drive.

Comment

I have heard various opinions on the noise this vdrive makes. Is it normal for them to have a whining/whistling noise to it. Temp is always good, fluid looks good, clean, never smells burned.

Comment

Working...
                      X