Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 24v stalling at idle

Hi guys

The 6.0l in our 05 24v will sometimes stall when idling. I also notice when pushing past idle it will hesitate and then surge. Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kellyrmartin; 07-24-2019, 04:08 AM.

Could be many things, but have the fuel filters been replaced? It may be starving for fuel and would seem like the place to start.
    Distributor cap, rotor, plugs/wires are also maintenance items and could need replacement depending on how long its been.

Comment

I had the fuel pump relay go out a few weeks ago. Started with hesitation, progressed to loss of power while cruising and then taking off again, then wouldn't prime the pump to start the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
        Could be many things, but have the fuel filters been replaced? It may be starving for fuel and would seem like the place to start.
        Distributor cap, rotor, plugs/wires are also maintenance items and could need replacement depending on how long its been.
        The boat has 150 hours on it total. If the fuel filters were affecting the idle would it be safe to assume the boat wouldn’t operate at power? We can pull and cruise without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
          I replaced the fuel filter on top of the motor. I am not sure where the others are.

Can anyone help?

Comment

I should have mentioned, it only seems to happen after the motor has been ran hard.

The issue is worse this year. I towed a tube for 45 minutes. The motor suddenly died at idle and would restart but then immediately die. Next day after it was cool it started back up perfectly.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X