2005 22i High Pressure Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22i High Pressure Fuel Pump

Greetings all, here is a quick synopsis of what happened and what I'm looking for.

1. Running boat after an hour or so of wakeboarding. 40 MPH and power cut out but boat didn't die. Went to neutral and then started forward again and ran the rest of the way to the dock at around 35 MPH.
    2. Took boat out again an hour later and was running in the 40 MPH range and it cut out again but died. Went to start again, smelled burning fuse from engine compartment. Opened fuse cover and the ECM/Battery fuse had melted. Switched out the fuse and boat started up, ran for about a minute then shut down again. Fuse looked fine but switched out anyway, boat started and ran back to the dock. Tried to start boat again a bit later and won't start. Turns over fine, just starving for fuel.
    3. Turned key to on (not start) and don't hear a pump running. Felt the low pressure pump when keyed on and it sporadically sputters.
    4. Quick google search mentioned fuel pump going bad, drawing more amperage, thus blowing fuse and now no fuel.
    5. Ordered a new low pressure pump but have now done further research and wonder if I need to switch the high pressure pump while I'm at it.

Brings me to the question: What part number am I looking for for the High Pressure Fuel Pump?

2005 22i
    Marine Power 340 HP, 5.7 Liter

Thank you in advance!

Mike

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

If you are looking for a replacement, this is what I found MP G-Force pump

Comment

Thanks H20! I was looking for a part or feedback on whether or not I needed to replace it.

Comment

I did see the same site had just the pump and not the whole canister for less money.

If it were me, off the top of my head I would unplug the pump and wire directly to 12V just to see if the pump actually runs.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
            I did see the same site had just the pump and not the whole canister for less money.

If it were me, off the top of my head I would unplug the pump and wire directly to 12V just to see if the pump actually runs.
            I actually did this yesterday. Turns out it was the fuel pump relay. Still not sure why it blew. I replaced with one from O'reilly who had a 30 amp relay and the boat pulled/ran for a couple hours. Pulled in for fuel and when I went to start, fuel pumps wouldn't run again. Put in another new relay and it worked fine. The only thing I found was my main ground to the battery wasn't snug and was intermittently losing connection (perfect pass kept resetting after going over waves). I'll be back to the lake next weekend and will try to troubleshoot it more. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X