Frozen alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen alternator

We took our 2004 22 V out for the first time this year Saturday. I had trouble starting it and finally pulled it back on the trailer with a rope. Brought it home and put another full charge on the batteries. It still struggled to turn over with the fake lake on it at home, but I was able to get it running. Once running I quickly learned that the problem was a frozen alternator. I burned up and broke one belt before I shut it down.

It is the Marine Power GM motor. Does anyone know if I can get the alternator and serpentine belts through a regular auto parts retailer? We have a trip planned for Thursday and I'd like to knock the repairs out this week myself.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

https://marineenginedepot.com/altern...-belt-delco-oe

Comment

Does anyone know if I can get the alternator and serpentine belts through a regular auto parts retailer
      Likely, but you do not want an automotive alternator, you want a marine version.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You can also check to see if you have a alternator/starter rebuild shop near you. Often they can rebuild yours in a couple hours. They might also have a new one on the shelf. The one we have local to us they are amazing. Just a mom and pop shop. Not every thing has to come from Amazon.

Comment

Thanks for all the help I got the alternator out it’s locked up tight. I found a rebuild shop in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by browntrout; 06-18-2019, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X