Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 24v hull leak

Hi Everyone

I had my new boat in the water today for the first time. Went very well but I have a couple of concerns.

I could hear a water trickle sound somewhere back near the engine when it wasn’t running. I am pretty sure the plug at the back was working well. The bilge pump had no problem keeping up to the leak. Any ideas where to start looking for the leak?

Also, the oil pressure gauge would periodically drop back to the far left like there wasn’t even power to the gauge and then would pop back up. I guess I will start checking connections on this one. Anyone seen this one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the drive shaft seal for your leak.
    Oil pressure gauge could be a sender or the gauge. Remove and clean connections at the gauge then trace the ground and verify tight and clean. If no effect order a new sender, they are pretty cheap.

Comment

Does anyone have a part number for the replacement seal?

Comment

Originally posted by kellyrmartin View Post
        Does anyone have a part number for the replacement seal?

Depends on which type of seal you have. If it's a dripless, I'd replace it with a positive water pressure seal from PYI:

https://www.shaftseal.com/pss-type-a-seal.html

I installed one of these over the winter in my boat. I also discovered the factory thru hull fittings for my ballast tank hoses had very minimal 5200 seal on them, and they were easy to unscrew by hand. I think I had some leakage from them too.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Looks like the exhaust is my culprit. I will get these clamps tightened and see what happens

Comment

My fiberglass mufflers or whatever you call them (24v) always cracked and broke. I got tired of fixing them all the time. I ended up buying new stainless versions from FAE.
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I think mine might be cracked as well. Can you share your source for the stainless steel replacements?

Comment

FAE= Fresh Air Exhaust. Great company.

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

They should be able to get you what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                  My fiberglass mufflers or whatever you call them (24v) always cracked and broke. I got tired of fixing them all the time. I ended up buying new stainless versions from FAE.
                  How are you liking those, duff?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Looks like others are saying the FAE solution is the cats meow. One shot deal and never have to deal with them again.

I sent them an email to get the ball rolling and waiting to hear back

Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated

Comment

Love them.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by kellyrmartin View Post
                        Looks like others are saying the FAE solution is the cats meow. One shot deal and never have to deal with them again.

I sent them an email to get the ball rolling and waiting to hear back

Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated

Did you end up getting the replacement from FAE? Looks like it's not showing on their site anymore.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did. I went for the pipes and the exhaust. I am very happy with it and the boat isint sinking anymore

Comment

Working...
                          X