2007 24 Ve Speed set stops working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 24 Ve Speed set stops working

So my speed set seems to randomly shut down.. I can set it, then get up to surf speed, then after a crash go to restart a surf session (immediately after a wipeout) and when I throttle up there is no power. It happens randomly. I typically shut down the engine (computer), restart, reset the speed set, and then it works again. Pain in the *** for the surfer who waits around in the water for the reset.. It will work fine for a few times, then will do it again..

Any ideas what to do with the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Sounds like the potentiometer is out of range when you go back to neutral therefore its shutting off throttle control. I bet if you ease it back to neutral it doesn't do this. There is a way to adjust the pot. The shifter panel needs to be removed and then the shifter. Let me see if I can find a link of where the instructions are posted.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=calibration
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

This is awesome.. Thanks for the help! I will figure out the part number and get it ordered. Fingers crossed!

Comment

You may not need the pot. It may just be out of range and all you need to do is calibrate it (set it within its required voltage range).
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X