Raptor 400 Idler pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor 400 Idler pulley

Does anyone have a part number for the two on this engine? One of my bearings is going out. Thanks guys for any info.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by josh.lewis.338211 View Post
    Does anyone have a part number for the two on this engine? One of my bearings is going out. Thanks guys for any info.

Do you need the grooved pulleys or the flat one that rides on the backside of the belt?? Both?? What year is your boat(wondering because early Raptors had an extra pulley).
    Have had a few boats that I change out to a gatorback belt to quiet belt noise down(pulley ever so slightly misaligned).
    I can easily get you Indmar part numbers but havent bothered cross shopping pulleys from a cheaper automotive source yet. I do have a PN for the tensioner that is automotive so saves a bunch of $

https://m.harborfreight.com/serpenti....google.com%2F
    ^^these guys make belt work a lot easier and are cheap. For guys with the big square heat exchanger they are pretty much a must.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-18-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info buddy. I have the 2016 400 Raptor in my boat. It looks like the flat pulley is going out by the rubber transfer sticking to it. I would like to replace all the idler pulleys including the tensioner. My dealer told me they were fine. I've been working on cars my whole life, and I know the sound of a screaming bearing. It only starts getting loud around 3800 rpm.

Comment

I will do my best to dig up some PNs. The changeover was 16 into 17, so pretty sure you have the extra pulley and I think part of the change was the direction the tensioner pushed on the belt.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ptor+tensioner

^^this is the tensioner for a SC Raptor. Not sure if yours is the same. Havent had belt issues with anything but the SC so far.

Other option is to just take the belt off and pull the pulleys and take em down to O'Reillys, Advanced, NAPA etc and match em up. Gonna be a lot cheaper than the Indmar PNs I get you.

Could you do me a solid a PM me your engine serial #. Should be a grey label. Indmar started putting them everywhere(on starter, raw water pump, alternator, ecm, etc). Guessing in 16 it will be a 19XXXX SN. 6 digits in total.

Comment

As soon as I get a chance tomorrow I will send you the numbers. Thanks again.

Comment

Here ya go. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks buddy. I will get some PNs. Like I said, they will be Indmar #s so you will have to order them thru a dealer, so markup on top of markup....
              I was trying to look today and it kept timing out on their dealer portal. I heard they are working on their system so hopefully works tomorrow.

Comment

Cool man. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Hey Josh. Havent forgot about ya man. Everytime I try getting to the parts section of Indmars dealer portal it just gives the dreaded "loading" circle and then eventually a timeout error. Going to call them and hopefully get it figured out for you and get my dealer resource up and running before summer really hits!

Comment

Josh, finally got my dealer portal issue resolved. Will have you PNs tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X