What 02 sensor for 3256 Code: Raptor 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 02 sensor for 3256 Code: Raptor 400

I've got the 3256 error code (Bank 1, Sensor 2 and downstream) on my 2015 Z3 that's just started going off with regular frequency. I found this 02 sensor on bakes:

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-e...manifolds.html

Does anyone know if this is the right one? Is there an option to get this at an autoparts store like autozone? If so, how do I identify the right one? I have the tool, so good to go there.

Thanks everyone

Port side post O2 sensor. Where to find, I couldn't tell you.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Aren't you still under warranty? Marina should replace for you.

Comment

Nope, warranty is out. This is apparantly a known issue with indmar and looks to be easy to replace. Just need to know what part # to replace it with.

Comment

When did you buy your boat? 5 years

Comment

Tige did not start the 5 year warranties until 2016. They were 3 year warranties in 2015. https://tige.com/blog/the-all-new-ti...al-limitations
            Last edited by D&P Powell; 09-05-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

A10868D3-0427-4B48-805D-19A27E6197AB.jpg
              7D76E687-695B-4288-B421-12DD696A3F63.jpg
              1425F2F3-D6BC-46D3-8F2C-BAD161CDA8D5.jpg

Comment

OH S*** bsreid! I stand corrected.

Comment

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-e...xoCNKsQAvD_BwE

^^Thats the post cat 02 that you need. Dont have an automotive equivalent. Indmars PN is 556162B for that one. You need to get a light and look down and make sure the cat brick is still there as well. The sensor is the one up higher after the cat (big ol round section in the pipes, not the ones down on the exhaust manifold itself). IF the cat bricks are gone you have some other issues to deal with as well.

The lower pre cat 02 is Indmar PN 597094, this one is a FoMoCo DY1185. It had a blue sheath on it and they said those were no good and now they have a gray sheath. Not sure what the automotive equivalent of the new one. I honestly think the blue ones were fine, they were just getting water on them and they dont like that at all.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I'm not the original owner, so no warranty for me. The part is like 60 bucks so no biggee there.

Freewheel, are you saying I can see the cat bricks through the hole once I remove the upstream sensor or will I need to disassemble something else.?

I've also read recently that I should be running the boat with the RPMs higher than 3500 for like 15 mins each outing to clean the sensors?
                    Last edited by cdomby; 09-06-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

You can look straight down the pipes and see the brick. I will take some pics and post later today of some cats I have replaced. Indmar was recommending the higher RPMs a while back and I think their thinking was to push out any water in the exhaust and dry out sensors. The water reversion/ingestion issue mostly seems to happen at idle from what Ive seen, and especially on boats that idle a lot (cove guys).

Comment

So I took some pics but its hard to see(normally look in with a borescope) so I just cut one apart. This pic is what you see looking down the hole in the boat. If brick is gone then you wont see any of the square pattern. Will tey and post pic of cut apart one, its not uploading right now for some stupid reason.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres where the brick is coming apart. Need borescope to see it in the pipe though as theres a pretty limited field of view through post cat o2 hole. BTW while you are at it pull the post cat o2 on the other side and visually inspect the cat brick. If both bricks are in good shape you could just replace the o2 sensor. Theres a good chance you are still getting some water from gasket misalignment at the Vband clamps and/or rubber gaskets, but its starts turning into real wrenching if you want to tackle that, and you would want to have a new set of crush gaskets on hand
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by freeheel4life; 09-06-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks much, Freeheel. As usual, you are great help!

Comment

Update: Bought an "endoscope" with a light on it that hooks up to the iphone to check out the bricks for like $20. Bricks are in tact, so good to go there.

The new o2 sensor took less than 5 mins to change and the code is gone. You do have to have the o2 sensor tool, which you can buy or prob borrow from an auto parts store.

Comment

Working...
                              X