No announcement yet.

Help with 2004 22v Rider warning alarm going off and engine stalling at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 2004 22v Rider warning alarm going off and engine stalling at idle

Had the boat out surfing and the alarm would go on for a few seconds after about 20 mins on the water and then go off. A little while later it would do it again. Sometimes for a few seconds and others times maybe a minute but always went off. Then its started to die when i went to neutral. Intially it started right back up and would run fine but then occasionally die again when going to neutral. After a few times of this when I went to restart it would struggle almost like it was flooded. We also smelled a stronger gas smell at that point. Any ideas would be appreciated. No Tige dealers in my area so sometimes need to point local marina in right directions. Thanks!!!

What engine does your boat have?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Sounds very much like the Idle Air Control valve. If you can add throttle at start up and it starts then it's the IAC.

Was the alarm constant or a beeping? Constant alarms are temp issues, beeping are sensor issues.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

My motor is the Marine Power 335 HP. The alarm is constant. Initially it would come for short spurts but than go off. After the local marina put the impeller in they said it was on constant from when they started.

Comment

Working...
        X