Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump for 1995 Tige 2002 FLSM ?

Hello,
    I am new to the boating world and recently picked up a 1995 Tige. It is fuel injected and runs strong, but recently I had a few sputtering engine problems where the engine died after running for about 15 mins. An alarm was sounding before it died. It took a while to restart and then I hightailed it back to the dock. When it was struggling to start I pulled the air filter and looked into the injector. Some gas was sputtering out, but not nearly enough for a proper firing. I assume it is a fuel issue and recently ordered a new fuel filter. I was also planning on just replacing the fuel pump (the existing one appears to be original) to eliminate that possible issue. However, I have been unable to find one online or the relevant part number. Does anyone know what the right fuel pump is and where I could find it online? Attached is a photo of the original fuel pump.
    Thanks in advance for any tips that you may have for this newbie.
    Marcus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marcustige; 07-24-2018, 05:03 AM.

That boat was ahead of its time with fuel injection.
    Just enter your engine serial # on this site and it will give you diagrams and part #s
    https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-.../04/mercruiser
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks Mike,
      Any idea where I can find the serial number? I Looked around and found some other numbers, but they do not seem to pull up in that website. I saw a stamp in the engine that said GM 5.7 LG SGI. And another stamp that appears to read 14093638.

Comment

With a little more digging and moving wires around I found it; F349479. I will see if I can find the fuel pump. Thanks for the website tip.

Comment

Sorry for all the messages Mike. I tried the serial number on that site and it pulled up a fuel pump that is definitely different than the one I am looking for. Any thoughts?

Comment

Usually Merc serials have a number in front of that letter. so in your case 0F349479, or some other number. The serial is on the top of the flame arrestor cover. If its worn off there (often is) then there is also a tag on the block near the starter, unless block has been swapped at some point.

Comment

Thanks Freewheel,
              Attached is an image of the plate. Mine does not seem to have a number in front of the F. The fuel pumps on the perfprotech site seem to be teh pumps attached to the block, whereas the low pressure pump on my engine looks like the silver one in the image in the first post. Any thoughts?

Comment

Not to treat you like your stupid but did you check to make sure that you actually have gas in your tank? I had some similar issues recently and I decided to change out my distributor cap rotor control module and now I have my complete fuel cool system out and replacing my fuel pump. After having a really hard time finding some O-rings, and still waiting for these O-rings I checked my gas tank and it is completely empty. I have read about 30 different threads on here and numerous Tige’members say to never trust your gas gauge!This is some of the worst humble pie for me but hopefully someone isn’t as stupid as me to lose two weeks of surfing and $600!Marineengine.com is a great site for part#s also.Good luck

Comment

Lots of gas in the tank. I am thinking about emptying and dumping it all to eliminate that possible issue as well.

Comment

Boat Serial Number.jpg

Comment

Hmm, in researching this further, I think I may have the wrong low pressure fuel pump on my engine?

Comment

Thats a carbureted engine. The picture shows the mechanical fuel pump blocked off behind the electric one you show now. Replace the mechanical with the correct unit, Mercruiser OEM ONLY, and get rid of the electric and all its associated wiring. BTW, lets all thank the EPA for ethanol...
                        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                        X